Home AOMEI Products Support

Cloned drive wont boot, aomei backupper standard edition

Hi,

Firstly, what a great and easy to use product this is.

Secondly, I backed up my win 7 pro desktop last night and the clone appaered to work ok. Tried the cloned disk this morning and would not boot, tried various options in bios and still no boot ?

Can anyone help ?

I may buy the full version.

Mick

Comments

• Mickeyb44,

Just in case it didn't happen automatically, make sure that the bootable partition on your cloned hard drive is set active.  You can do this using Aomei Partition Assistant very easily.

• Hi, thanks for your reply.

I have a feeling the cloned drive has no MBR

Not sure how to create an mbr ?

• Hi, mickeyb44

Did you run the clone process while under Windows?

"If AOMEI Backupper has been employed under the Windows operating system, the system disk can only be set as the source disk, but can not be set as the destination disk. If the system drive is required to be the destination disk, the function of "Bootable CD" of AOMEI Backupper can complete this task."

• Hi, yes im running the program from windows.

Using an external hard drive as destination drive.

I think it has cloned without an MBR ?

• edited February 2015

I have just cloned my laptop and it worked, perfectly.

When I clone my win 7 pro desktop, i get post  message like "a device is missing".

The cloned drive is showing in bios and is the first boot device.

• Here is a pic of my bios screenimage:

• Cloned drive won't boot, using Aomei Backupper standard edition.
    Aomei Partition Assistant you can do the same thing, right?

In either case; I don't have a bootable Samsung 850 Pro SSD disc.
    I backed up my Win 7 Pro desktop yesterday and the clone doesn’t work. I tried various options in the bios, nothing worked. Tried the above stuff here...nothing works.

Aomei asked to restart the computer (3 times now) but nothing changed except wasting time. Had a computer minded friend check this out…we can’t make a bootable backup to use.

Help, thank you

• You can use AOMEI Partition Assistant to "rebuild MBR".

It looks like you have two disk with Windows O/S on it, have you tried to physically disconnect one at a time?

• Thanks,

I only have 1 disk in the machine. The clone drive appears to be ok but my bios does not like it ?

• Fixed : i had to convert the clone drive to gpt first.

• Good to hear, thanks for the update    image

• I have this same issue. Sometimes the clone work fine, other times it does not copy the partition table, and leaves my drive with a bunch of unallocated space. I wish there was phone support for this.