Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Backupper and Partition Assistant on same bootable USB?

2»

Comments

• edited April 2014

Is it possible to edit your EasyPE if I want to load my own tools with it?

Pit

• Yes, you can put any programs into the BIN\x64\program files folder before you start.

They might have dependencies, though. You can try it and see.

• You misunderstood me: how can I edit your start menu? Let's say I want to replace your Explore with SpeedCommander.exe which resides in BIN\x64\SpeedCommander14\ and an .ico file is there as well?

Pit

• That has to be rebuilt to put different entries in. Maybe somebody else can make one that is easy to edit.

The bigger one you can make is easier, just create links in the pecmd.ini. That works as it includes full windows explorer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6zn921fn40on497/pe764v15.zip

• @SIW2 : how are the 2 programs started (bootmenu, clicking icons on desktop, ... ?), and do you also have a working version for Windows XP to build the ISO image ?

• I am making something that can be used vista upwards. Might work on Xp. I don't have xp to test.

It creates a bootable winpe iso. When that is booted up you get a menu with buttons to select part assist or backupper and an explorer and a couple of other useful tools.

• edited May 2014

Hopefully will be finished soon. Depends how much time I have.

Be happy if you could test it . If you are using anything earlier than win7, you won't already have a wim on your HD. It will download one from MS for you ( about 175mb)

• I'm running WinXP Pro (x86), so yes I can run some tests for you if you want.

• You might like to try this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ophotsq6fjrbzl/REv16.zip

If you running anything earlier than 7, you won't have bootable wim on your hard drive, so it will ask to d/l it and some tools.

It expects programs ( e.g Backupper and Part assist ) to be installed to %systemdrive%, it won't go hunting elsewhere.

• edited June 2014

Hi SIW2

I tried to run your script "Run-me-as-Adminv16.cmd", but it stopped with this error:

What can be wrong? I do have the recovery partition in place.
    It seems that the script tried to download Winpe into it unsuccesfully. Then it couldn't locate WindowsRE from the same partition.

There was some similar errors before that, but they passed quickly so I coudn't get a screenshot.

I run the script from an admin account, 'Run as Administrator'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

[Edit: Windows 8.1 64 bit, fresh install]

• Hi,

Sorry for late reply. Busy at the moment. Hopefully I will be able to have a look at that in the next day or two.

• edited June 2014

imageThere is a new version with more functions, you are welcome to try:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1gh71hswa2891j/AOMEI-PEv18.zip

imageAOMEI-1.png

• Thanks SIW2, but missing labels AOMEIBackupper? I test win7x86 en, win8.1x64 en, but missing labels AOMEI Backupper. If not use AOMEI Partition Assistant, labels AOMEI Backupper is ok.

• Hello there Aomei app ppl!

Just wondering if the download link above is the latest work on this general idea? There had been a comment earlier that maybe AOMEI would provide their own tool?

I have yet to actually try out these products and I'm looking to do so now after relying on apps like UBCD4win for years where I was able to build bootable DVD images with a variety of tools added (I had still been using Ghost for YEARS).

With UEFI based systems, this abandoned project (UBCD4win) is no longer viable - so I'm looking for a new platform on which to bundle system recovery tools on a boot image. The most often needed tools are partition and drive image apps, which searching for has led me here.

So, I guess that the packages provided by SIW here are to create a SINGLE boot image with both the backupper and partition assistant application binaries? This as opposed to options out there like XBOOT which seem to create a multi-boot allowing a user to select from multiple full and separate ISO's...

• Also - if the "AOMEI-PEv18.zip" 2 posts earlier is the latest version - the dropbox link is no longer any good... Older versions can still be downloaded, but not tihs latest one.

• I guess the AMOEI PEBuilder is the official tool that ended up being provided... and that this idea here was abandoned.