Home AOMEI Products Support

I need help!

I bought Aomei pro so I can convert my 2tb wd my book essential but in ntfs to fat32 converter it wont show anything

Comments

• Did you mean that the interface of "NTFS to FAT32 Converter" can't show, or your SSD can't be detected by "NTFS to FAT32 Converter"? Can you take a shotscreen to us? 

• Can't be detected because it won't show

I am pretty sure I converted my hard drive to fat32 a few years ago but I haven't been able to use it since so I bought this software hoping I could convert it back to NTFS but it will not show

• Does it show up as fat32 in partition assistant ?

• Its shows up in it but it doesn't say if its NTFS or FAT32

• ??? Can anyone help me?

• Helpme42,

Can you post a screenshot of the main screen in Partition Assistant?  I'd like to see how the drive shows up.  Something to note, though, is that on the main window you'll see the detected drives along with their partitions.  When you select a drive you have specific drive operations on the left column available.  When you select a partition, you have a different set of partition operations available.  Please see the pictures I'm attaching for reference.

• Ok I will upload it. It is disk 3 on mine

• I cant upload pic the image option wont allow me to choose local

• Hello,

I must say the pic you post is too blurry, I cannot read the words. Could you please post another one?

• Disk 3 Unallocated on some parts and Other.. Can someone plz help?

• Helpme42,

What is it that you're trying to accomplish?

• Convert my fat32 hard drive to NTFS

• Helpme42,

Under Partition Assistant, select the partition on your hard disc rather than the drive itself.  The context menu on the left pane or the right click menu will now contain an option for convert to NTFS.  Click that option.  Tell it yes when prompted that you're sure.  Once that's done, click Apply in the upper left corner of the window, then tell it OK/Yes again.  The amount of time it takes to convert will depend on the amount of data in the partition and the speed of the drive.

• I can't click on the option it won't let me

• Helpme42,

Can you describe that in more detail?  Perhaps put up a screen shot with the mouse over where you're clicking?

• I can't take a pic of it but I right clicked on the partitions one after the other and on each of them the convert button is greyed out and won't allow me to click on it and there is no option for me to convert on the left pane

• @helpme42,

If you are using Windows 7 or 8, use the sniptool to make a copy of your screen.

You will find it by pressing your Windows Button + r and then type in 'snippingtool' (without the quote marks).

I took a pic of everything I have been told to do.. I can not click convert and it will not show up in the converter. What can I do? I do not want to format which is why I bought this program but it still will not work

• The screen shots you attached say OTHER rather than FAT32 for the partition types, plus of course a few unallocated areas on your discs.  Are you sure that these are FAT32?  Often when a person installs a a dual boot Linux setup they'll get partitions that show up as OTHER under Windows.  They'll be partitions of type ext2, ext3, btrfs, etc.  I'm not saying that's what's going on here, but it is possible if you've ever done something like that.  If these are in fact FAT32 partitions something's going on with the system to prevent them from being recognized as such. 

• From your photos it would seem the reason you can't convert a file system is because there isn't a file system on that partition to begin with.

Click on the partition itself (not the disk) and then select 'format', you should then be able to format straight into NTFS.