Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup stops after a few incremental backups.

Okay, so I scheduled Backupper to do a full backup and then a daily incremental backup. I set up a backup scheme to automatically delete old backup image files saved beyond five days and not delete the first image file of the first backup. Well, the backups have stopped about six days ago with no further versions and now I have one full backup and six incremental. I am sue I am not understaning the schedule/scheme and am wondering do I need to also have a weekly backup of the same drive? How do I get it to backup daily/incrementally and not keep backups that over a week old. Or, maybe this is how it's suppost to work? 

Comments

• Hi! First, I have to say, Backup is very important, of course you need to have a weekly backup of the same drive, if there are some important data and file. the incremental and differential backup are recommended. For more information about schedule backup, you can visit: http://www.backup-utility.com/help/how-to-schedule-backup.html 

you said that you have one full backup and six incremental backup of the same drive. I suggest you that you can use "Merge Images" in "Utility" to merge all backup file. In this way, all similar images will be merged into one.  

• thank you.