Home AOMEI Products Support

Problem creating XP boot disc

edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi,

I ran into a problem while trying to create a bootable disc to restore a system backup. I have Windows XP Pro SP3 and tried to load Windows AIK/ADK in order to do so. I followed your link to download this software but found out that the software was for VISTA not XP. I tried it anyway and the install died at the end when it tried to find the file "WIN.PE.WIM" and couldn't. It was there where it said it wasn't.

I don't know if AIK/ADK support stopped with Windows XP but I could not find this software anywhere on the net.

Comments

• You can download AIK if you use the computer installed with Windows XP. although there is no XP in Microsoft's page, AIK still can support Windows XP.

• Hi,

I was downloading AIK/ADK on an XP computer. As i mentioned, it got all the way to the end of the AIK install when it said it could not find a file that was there. It said make sure that the file is available. I checked and it was there. the file size was not 0 so I have to assume that the download from a Microsoft Vista of AIK did not work. I looked all over & there is no AIK/ADK for XP. There is for all the other Operating Systems. I'll keep on looking.

Thanks,

Rich