Home AOMEI Products Support

Merging Disk 1 to Disk 2?

edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

I recently installed a 2nd 500GB hard drive in my tower and disk managment sees it with no issues however I cannot merge the two drives nor can I allocate the free disk space (on disk 2) to my C: drive (disk 1).  I downloaded and purchased AOMEI Partition Assistant hoping it would help but I run into the same problem as I did when I used Windows' disk management.  

Disk 1 is my C: drive and Disk 2 is my J: drive. Drives D: through H: are my built in SD card readers and optical/DVD drives.  I read on Microsoft's website that in order to extend one drive to use the 2nd drive, "only works with contiguous space"...I'm assuming this means that my 2nd drive (disk 2) must read as D: and not the currently assigned J:?

I was hoping that AOMEI Partition Assistant would allow me to bypass this requirement but it seems to have the same requirement.  Anyone out there that can help or point me in the right direction?  Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time.

Comments

• according to what your posted, did you want to extend your C drive's space bu crossing disk. Usually,space can be moved freely within one disk. There are a limited space in every physical disk, just like a glass of cup, its volume space is limited. But, if you want add free space in other disk to your computer disk, you must take some special ways to do it:

convert all disk involving moving space into dynamic disk. 

with this way, you can extend partition or space in one disk by moving sapce in other disk. It is just like a RAID, and they can make up a logical partition.