Home AOMEI Products Support

HELP.Merge Partitions has made my D drive unaccesible:currupt and unreadable

edited September 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

Please help!! I allocated about 60GB from my C drive and wanted to add id to my D drive on which I had 218GB of mostely family photos. I opted for the AOEMI Merge Partition option between the new Unallocated partition and the D partition.

I didn't backup.... :(

In the middle of the procees it announced that there is a problem (I think # 25, it said something about the procees failing and having to fix some problems and then try again). The D disk is unavailable an I'm afraid that all information on it is now lost... When I try to reach it from Windows (I have Windows 8) it says that it is unaccesible and that the structure is currupt and unreadable. When I look at its prperties from the AOEMI it seems as is the 218GB are empty...t

Please could you know what the problem might be? I desperately need your help.

All my photos from the last 2 years are there. Pleaaaaasseee.

I would appreciate your prompt reply.

Thanks,

Limor Teitelbaum

Comments

• I am not a techie and I am also new to this type of job. I normally make it a point to go over any available tutorials/help files before embarking on any unknown jobs...I also wanted to do exactly what you wanted--taking 25 Gbs from C and add it to D. I  used the "Resize partition" command first on C and then on D and the job was a success. Before that, I had taken the backup..... My sympthies. If you have not done anything with the partition program after the mishap, try the "undo" command and if no luck, try partition recovery wizard. wish you best of luck

• Limor,

Have you tried running partition recovery?

Don't write anything to the disk, the more disk actions that are tkane the less likely recovery of the contents.