Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Partition Assistant error

edited December 2014 in AOMEI Products Support

Hi, Guys

Im in Big trouble While trying to merge  a drive with unlocatted space in pre os mode . its taking long time so i cancelled directly by unplugging the main ports . so now my drives are missing and AOMEI Partition Assistant is showing eroor The partition table on the disk failed to update as
 other programs locked the partition table, please close other programs and
 retry.
can you please help me.i need the drive and files in that

Comments

• I'm unable to do anything on  AOMEI Partition Assistant .Its showing the error

• i unplug the power to stop the process .i can check in  them disk management the

• edited December 2014

Hello Amit,

According to your description, it seems that Partition Assistant give you the error code 6: The partition table on the disk failed to update as other programs locked the partition table, please close other programs and retry. 

Because all operations regarding to resizing partitions need to modify the partition table to take effect the task, if it failed to modify, you will get this message.

What's the drive status currently? Please post us a screenshot. And you can try using some partition table repair software to repair it.  A partition table backup before the problem fixing is recommended

Please chek it

• Hi Amit,

Try to reboot into pre OS with AOMEI P/A then as YoungCheng suggested, try these solutions...

Solutions:

1. In case of an offline or read-only status disk or volume, the modification of partition table could not be finished, then you need to switch them onto Online mode with Windows Disk Management or Diskpart tool, or to relieve the read-only attribute by Diskpart.

2. The underlying error of partition table such as the partition table overlap will lead to an update partition table failure. Meanwhile we should figure out the errors with some partition table repair software then retry the operation.

Note: A partition table backup before the problem fixing is recommended.

3. Applications which are made to protect disk and system will occupy or lock the partition table to prevent the system from being damaged. Partition Assistant will be shackled by these programs, so you need to close them then retry the operation. Or, you may create a Windows PE Partition Assistant with the CREATE BOOTABLE CD function, and finish your operation in Windows PE mode.

• My issues has been resolve, I run AOMEI Partition Assistant as administator and it works , i recovered all with AOMEI recovry wizard. thanks guys for ur assistant