Home AOMEI Products Support

USB SSD drive not recognized in AOMEI 2.1.0 using Clone Disk in laptop

Using AOMEIBackupper 2.1.0, I am trying to Clone Disk and tried System Clone but program does not recognize my new SSD drive connected by USB in Probook HP Laptop. Tried also with bootable disc made from AOMEI in Linux and WINPE format and same thing: destination disk not identified, not even listed. I can see the SSD drive in Windows under explorer. Very frustrated, please help.

Comments

• Mlromero,

I have a few suggestions for you. 

1.  It's recognized in Windows, so have you tried formatting the drive?  You

2.  can do this in Windows Disk Management or very easily from Aomei Partition Assistant.  Also, try another USB port.  In particular use a USB 2 port if possible.  USB 3 support in PEs is limited due to the number of new chipsets.  You can add driver support if you create a new PE using Aomei PEBuilder rather than just creating a PE from within Aomei Backupper.  PEBuilder is more fully featured. 

3.  Also, try a different USB adapter, preferably from another brand in case the USB adapter is why Aomei isn't recognizing the drive.  Please let us know if this helps.

• Miromero,

If you are still having problems, could you also post the brand and model of SSD drive you are using?

• Hi guys,

I'm having issues s what Mlromero was having. Here are my specs:

laptop: HP Envy dv7-7200

copying a hard disk to an SSD (Crucial MX100). The SSD is connected to my laptop via a generic USB kit (Rosewill brand) to a USB 2.0 port (tried 3.0 too).  The SSD has been initialized and formatted in Windows (running Windows 8.1 64bit). I can see the SSD as an available drive in Windows, but AOMEI doesn't seem to recognize it. I tried booting from a AOMEI's bootable USB stick (linux & WinPE without any luck). I don't have another USB kit to test with, but can you confirm if this could be the issue?

Thank you,
    Marv

• MarvNY,

The USB adapter for your drive may be the issue.  It's possible that it needs a driver that isn't included in a basic PE or the Linux kernel.  Also, what type of partition are you using?  Is it MBR based or GUID based?

• Your SSD may be an advanced format disk, and AOMEI Backupper doesn't support it for now.
    This is a temporary problem.

Currently, Advance Format is referring inparticular to 4096 bytes (4k) sectors format disks. You can find the definition
    of what Advanced Format is on Wikipedia. In short, it can be more efficient to use disk space and provides a more efficient mechanism of data integrity error checking.

• I had this issue, and I just clicked the "reload" button, and it was recognized.

• as of v2.8, apparently the latest version... problem persists... backupper can see anything directly connected, but anything mapped thru the network is invisible to it.