Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Backup Patterns

Many people likely want to do what I want to do.  I want to do a full backup weekly, and on the other days do incrementals.  Assume I want to do the full on Sunday.  That means incrementals Monday through Saturday.  Next Sunday I do another full and the following incrementals are built with that base.  The third Sunday, I would like to do a full, and after successful completion, delete the entire first set - the first full and the six incrementals.  This keeps a rolling one-two weeks of backups.

What is the configuration that will accomplish this?  Or do I have to manually program it in a shell script and use the command line version of Backupper?

Comments

• Wow! how complex what you want to do! you just use AOMEI Backupper to accomplish this. 

• I have a similar problem. How do I get Backupper to delete old backups automatically? Right now I keep getting incremental's. So I selected the backup dropdown on the task and chose full backup. Irene_inc was the first and full backup. Than all the incrementals add a sequenced number. The next full backup ( which was manual) is also a sequenced number. I would like to keep let's say 2 sets of full and incrementals. How?image

• ... and automatically done?

• Ziveil, I'm not understanding your comment.  Are you saying that this is supported?  If so, how do I set it up using the GUI interface?

If it isn't supported, I'm disappointed in BackUpper.  This is a pattern that businesses often use, though the full may be at longer intervals (biweekly, semimonthly, monthly, or even longer).  I know this from being involved in IT at a fairly large firm.

Not only is this pattern appropriate for businesses, it was the default pattern for Norton/Symantec's personal backup software for over a decade.

• Hi Guys,

Sorry that Backupper doesn't support to schedule full backup and incremental backup with in the same task in the meantime. You can create two tasks, one scheduled for full backup, one scheduled for incremental backup. And enable Backup Scheme, it will delete all the previous N backups after the N+1 backup compeleted.

I have forwarded your suggestions to our development team. Thank you so much for supporting Backupper. 

• edited January 2015

Hi,

1. Where do I specify N?

2. Is this available in the free version?

3. Is this available in the professional version?

Pls help and give answers to my 3 questions:

I am testing the program now to determine about a possible purchase.
    I cannot find the scheme option.

Urgent 150107

• Ludwig61,

I have the same desire, I found the simple way to pull off a rolling one month window was to create 2 backup jobs. Call them Job A and Job B. Job A is scheduled to run the 1st to the 15th, and Job B runs the 16th to the end of the month. I set the scheme on each backup job to 1 month. Just make sure you kick off the full backup on the 1st, and the 16, durring the first cycle, after that it will maintain itself. If you miss the 1st and 15th it will eventually straighten itself out. 

• No reply to my simple question above?

Is there no support available at all?

• Hi,

Liberty, sorry that we are not always on the forum. As for your 3 questions, the feature Backup Scheme is only available in the paid versions. How to enable it, please visit this site: http://www.backup-utility.com/help/backup-scheme.html

Cho_Robie, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

• "Cloudbacko pro software" i am using this software nowadays and quite impressed with their working and results . if anyone there facing the problem of backup and restoring just go at this website and have a look at the software. http://www.cloudbacko.com/