Home Activities

AOMEI PE Builder was released officially just now

edited September 2014 in Activities

After a long wait, AOMEI PE Builder was released officially just now. As you may already know, it's a free program specialized in create bootable media based on WinPE to rescuse pcs from system crash and computer not booting. If you want to give another protect to your valuable pc, come here to get one!

Comments

• This is the help document of PE Builder.

• Hi again,

Since the official release of AOMEI PE Builder, it has been one month. During the days, we have gathered the suggestions of our first users and promoted our product. Thus, PE Builder has upgraded from 1.0 to 1.2 and was released on Oct. 4, exactly one month since Sep. 24 (the first release).

• Finally, I decided to put this here: AOMEI PE Builder has upgraded to version 1.3.

• Thanks for the new 1.3 version! Could you please provide (or link to) some kind of changelog/ "what's new" file for 1.3? Thanks again!

• Here's the download page.  http://www.aomeitech.com/pe-builder.html.  I will look for a changelog.

• Sorry for the inconvience. The changelog for PE Builder is being built. 

New features in v1.3:

1. Improve the Internet connection in Windows PE environment.

2. Add a web browser to Windows PE environment that created in 64-bit operating system so that users are able to access the Internet.

• WTF?  It doesn't work on Windows 8.1.  It says to build it on Windows 8 or less, then you can use it on Windows 8.1, but nobody who has upgraded to 8.1 is going to reinstall 8.0 just for that.

8.1 has been out for over a year.  How can a new product not support it?

• edited November 2014

Advertising says "No Need to Install AIK/WAIK", but on windows 7 32bit this program says "windows aik not installed, install it first" and won't work without it.  Downloading another 1.7GB to make this program work is not reasonable

• Sorry for the inconvenience you have encountered! Yes, for most computers, there's no need to install AIK/WAIK. Howerver, if your system has no self-contained recovery environment (WinRE), you need to maunally install AIK. For more details, please refer to AOMEI PE Builder Notes part in help document.image

• edited December 2014

I created Windows PE flash drive in my 64 bit system using your new PE builder and worked satisfactorily in my 64-bit windows 7 .

Your help file stated thus: "Presently, AOMEI PE Builder dose not support Windows XP/2003/Vista and
    Windows 8.1. For users who are with these systems, luckily, they can
    create Windows PE in systems supported by PE Builder and use the Windows
    PE in their own systems."

Hence I tried the same in my windows XP. But when run, I got the following error: "Windows failed to start. ........................File: \Windows\system32\boot\winload.exe. Status: 0xc000035a. Info: Attempting to load a 64 bit application. however this cpu is not compatible with 64-bit mode..............................."

So it was a failure on the xp machine.

Any Solution for its use in xp?

• I created Windows PE flash drive in my win 7- 64 bit system using
    your new PE builder and the usb stick worked satisfactorily in my 64-bit
    windows 7 .

Your help file stated thus: "Presently, AOMEI PE Builder dose not support Windows XP/2003/Vista and
    Windows 8.1. For users who are with these systems, luckily, they can
    create Windows PE in systems supported by PE Builder and use the Windows
    PE in their own systems."

Hence I tried the same in my
    windows XP. But when run, I got the following error: "Windows failed to
    start. ........................File: \Windows\system32\boot\winload.exe.
    Status: 0xc000035a. Info: Attempting to load a 64 bit application.
    however this cpu is not compatible with 64-bit
    mode..............................."

So it was a failure on the xp machine.

Any Solution for its use in xp?

• Hi apraman,

Does your XP machine support running 64-bit system? 

• I am a big fan of your PEBuilder product. think the PEBuilder product is a great idea and I have been testing it in different scenarios where I would use it in our work place. I just wanted to share some comments that might hopefully help you improve it, or maybe you can tell me if I am doing somethign wrong. I didn't know where else to go and share comments, so that is why I am sharing here on this post.

Anyway, in regards to PEBuilder 1.4, I created a bootable USB successfully on a Windows 7 Professional 64 bit computer. However, whenever I create it on a Windows 7 Professional 32 bit machine, I get a boot up error that says "BOOTMGR is missing, Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". This happens even if I reformat the USB manually or if I let PEBuilder delete previous contents.

Is there something I am doing wrong?
  • Dgonzalez,

Before you create the thumbdrive on the 32 bit system, delete all of the partitions from the drive using Partition Assistant.  Rebuild the PE thumb drive, then before you're done use Partition Assistant to rebuild the MBR.  It sounds like a trace of the 64 bit data might be hanging around trying to find the boot manager from the 64 bit release of Windows.  

• It may have to be created on a 32 bit operating system.

What cpu are you using, it may only be 32 bit.

Had a diffrent issue where the win7 PE  cd was made on 

a vista 32 bit pc and when starting a 64 bit OS it would only 

see  745 gig of a  3tb hard drive.

I know the backuperpro version comes with the ablity to create a  linux  

boot PE disk and it should have all the options as the windosw one.