Home AOMEI Products Support

Disk backup omits files in folder containing sub-folders

I have made a backup of the hard disk I use for video recordings using AOMEI Backupper. These are mostly .ts files, and they are sorted in a file structure according to subject matter. When I examine the image by mounting it as a virtual drive most of the files are present with the exception of those which are located in a particular folder. The only difference I can see between the folders where the contents are successfully backed up, and the folder where the backup fails, is that the latter folder also contains sub-folders. I do not understand why a folder containing both files and sub-folders should have the effect of  preventing the files from being seen by the backup program. Any advice would be very welcome.

Comments

• Hello @Montvert

I am sorry for still not quite understand your situation, could you give an example? 

• If you move the .ts files that are not being backed up to another folder do they then back up the way you are expecting? 

Are you using default settings when doing the backup? 

Just want to make sure Tech Support has all the info they might need to help troubleshoot your issue. 

• edited August 2014

Thanks for your responses. Yes I am using default settings. The .ts files backup perfectly well when in a folder which does not contain sub-folders as well.

Example: V:\Movies\Movie1, Movie2 etc - Backup successful.

But: V:\RecordedTV\Movie1, Movie2 etc - Not backed up, when sub-folders such as 

V:\RecordedTV\BBC1\ exist. These sub-folders ARE backed up. 

• Thanks for your responses. Yes I am using default settings. The .ts files backup perfectly well when moved to another folder.

However I have now discovered that it is not the presence of sub-folders, which I have now removed - which prevent the backup working, it is a property of the particular folder. Thus 

Example: V:\Movies\Movie1, Movie2 etc - Backup successful.

But: V:\Recorded TV\Movie1, Movie2 etc - No files backed up.

I am unable to discover what property of the folder 'Recorded TV' prevents the file contents being backed up even though the setting  'Include all Files' is on.

• Space between Recorded and TV may be the problem

• I would also check the total length of the path to each folder.  x:\videos\sub1\sub2\filename.vid is 33 characters long for instance.  How many characters including letters, punctuation, spaces, etc. are you using?