Home AOMEI Products Support

Raid 10

I have a server that uses Raid 10. I'm trying to resize the c: drive from the d: drive. I can resize it in the software, but when I try to apply it. The D: drive is in use, so I restart the server. When it comes back up, there is no change on it. Is it because I have Raid 10, that it will not allow this to be applied or I'm I missing something. 

Comments

• Hello Jeff

Sorry for the late reply, would you tell us what information you were given by the program when the issue appeared? 

Regards

Kam

AOMEI Support Team

• Sorry for getting back to you so late. When I run the program, it doesn't give any errors. I can resize the partitions and then it says a restart is needed. When I restart the server, the partiations are at the same size before I resized them. 

• Would it matter that the other partition is a SQL database. Could that be the issue, that it think its being used. So it won't resize the partitions?

• Jeff, in order to change a partition size, reformat a drive, etc. Windows needs an exclusive lock on the device.  SQL server will prevent that while the database is attached.  I'd personally recommend just stopping the SQL service rather than detaching then reattaching the database, but I'm also not a SQL administrator, so I would look more into it if I were you. 

• I will try to stop the SQL service and go from there. I'm not a SQL administrator either, I just want to make sure that I take the right steps. I will look more into it. Thanks, for the help.    

• Would the software work in Safe Mode? I was thinking that I can boot in Safe Mode, and resize the partitions and it would work. Would you recommend this or not?

• Honestly I've never attempted to use it in Safe Mode, though I'm not sure that there is any inherent reason why it wouldn't function that way.