Home AOMEI Products Support

Windows 7 Won't Reboot After Running 'Create Partition' operations

Hi,

I
have a new 2TB HD and installed Windows 7 Ultimate on it. I attempted to partition it to six partitions. I'm using the standard version 5.5. It said that
it needed to reboot to run the partitioning operations. After the restart the Windows 7 screen says that it is loading and then it abruptly stops and reboots and continutes to do this in a loop until I turn off the PC. What is the fix for this?

Thanks,

~Z

Comments

• edited July 2014

Hello zatherus,

We are so sorry for the problem you encountered. Currently you may use an universal Windows Recovery Media and then boot from it and go to C:\Windows, next locate "ampa.exe" and delete it, after that your computer should back to normal.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Hi Kim,

Thank you for your reply.  Please tell me the step-by-step means to remove the file.  I can use a recovery disk to access the Command Prompt but my Windows files are not visible in the C: drive.  All I get when I ask for the files to be displayed is an indication that the C: drive is the System Reserve.

~Z

• Hi.,

I have the same problem but with windows 8.., 

Could you please help.., Thanks

Regards

Vinod

• Hi Vinod,

We are sorry for replying you this late. We hope you've already got rid of this problem, since it has been a long time before we reply to you. If not, you could use your windows 8 recovery media and then boot from the media to delete the file "ampa.exe" in this directory-->"C:\Windows", then reboot your computer.

Best Regards,

Kim