Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper 2.0 for Win7 (free) - Faster??

Hello is there a possibility to make AOMEI Backupper 2.0 for Win7 (free) a bit faster?

We usually use Acronis to make images and AOMEI is a great tool but slower than Acronis.

How can we make it maybe "faster" or is there a possibility to start AOMEI with UEFI? We just start AOMEI as legacy.

Thank's for help.

And greetings from germany!

TasteMyRage

Comments

• Hello,

Thank you for posting your questions here. Could you explain more about AOMEI is slower than Acronis? Actually, our development staff are working on optimizing the backup speed at this moment. You may pay attention to our next update.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Hello Kim, thanks for your reply.

We've got Acronis 11.5 here and we tryed to backup 1 PC with Arconis and AOMEI (same external HDD with USB3.0)..

Acronis was done in ~15minutes and AOMEI in ~27minutes so there is a big difference.

I know that your program is free to use (thats awesome!) but for many computers it make a big difference.

Maybe, I think, there is a problem with USB3.0 or with UEFI.

And also I read this thread:

http://www.disk-partition.com/forum/discussion/272/convert-mbr-to-gpt

And I think it should be great when this disk-partition would be full automatic.

So AOMEI can see if it's GPT oder MBR, so it would be great if the convertation with an MBR image to an GPT partition would be part of AOMEI Backupper (maybe not in the free edition). But it's very annoying when you have to convert it at every single computer with another software.

Best regards

TasteMyRage

• So is there a solution or not?

And it would be great if you could build an button for automatic restart after installing an image. You've got one to shutdown the pc but a reboot would be better!

Best regards

TasteMyRage

• Hello,

I am so sorry for replying this late. As for the backup speed, could you please explain what are the backup settings of the two program, like compress level, sector by sector backup mode and what is the the source, what is its capacity and how much data are there. As for your suggestion, I will report it to our deveopment staff for their reference to improve this program.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• Hey Kim.

Because I don't remember it so good I have to do a new test so you've got good informations to work with.

It will take some time but I will do it ;)

Best regards

TasteMyRage

• edited July 2014

Hey, it took a bit more time then I tought.

So I've done a USB 3.0 version of AOMEI where the time needet is way better!
    But I didn't found a driver for all divices so with a 3.0 support AOMEI is like Acronis.

Acronis uses USB 3.0 and UEFI (if possible) is AOMEI gonna do this also?

Best regards

TasteMyRage

• So I didn't checked if Acronis is now fast then AOMEI because I've done a USB 3.0 Live CD (finally).

I had to create the bootable media with an windows 8 pc (the easiest way) because there are the drivers for USB 3.0 integrated. Also for a bootable media with UEFI I needed a pc with UEFI and windows 8. Now is AOMEI very fast (4-5 minutes for 17GB at 100mb/s).

Now I'm very happy with AOMEI!

I have another question but I think I will open a new thread for that!

Thank's for your support.

Best regards

TasteMyRage