Home AOMEI Products Support

Restoring aomei systempart C from 3 DVD's using linux restore disk or CD

Is it possible to get a little more info on this because i want to restore my 12gig windows-7 system partition C from 3 DVD's to the empty primary partition C on my 500GIG harddrive. 

The restore cd is in the dvd player and doesn't allow ejecting it.....so how exactly can you restore 3 DVD backups to an empty partition if you cannot eject the restore cd?  Please give a link to a tutorial or post it here...

I tried copy the 3 dvd's to extra data partition (other than C) but the program doesn't handle split-up backups....it restores the first part of the 3 files but doesn't ask for the next one so after a reboot it goes wrong!

It would be better if the dvd backup boots with the restore program like the old Ghost software?

Comments

• edited July 2014

Hello marpom,

We are so sorry for the problem you encountered. As for your problem, we suggest you give us a detailed descriptions of your steps, so that we could analyze what the problem is. Actually, the problem you mentioned seems unnormal and shouldn't happen.

As the first problem, you may manually eject the CD with the feature (there may have a button for ejecting CD) of your DVD player, and insert the next CD. 

As for the problem of copying the back files to local disk, there shouldn'd have such a problem. When you restore the back while all the split backup files are in the same directory, the program will integrally recognize them as one and directly go to restore the image while it isn't restore the first part and then the second...please check.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team

• edited July 2014

""When you restore the backup while all the split backup files are in the same
    directory, the program will integrally recognize them as one and
    directly go to restore the image while it isn't restore the first part
    and then the second...please check
    "" ok i will definately test that again and yes it should. I might have done that wrong myself! image

About the other question yes i noticed my dvd drive doesn't let the restore CD out.....with the aomei restore cd the drive is locked. With other restore cd's like the old Ghost and Acronis you take out the restore cd and put in the backup dvd..........otherwise you need 2 dvd players to restore a backup from dvd (thats not always a bad thing though)

Anyway you say that the dvd drive should not be locked am i correct? Thanks for your answer by the way!

• Hi,

I suppose you boot from AOMEI Bootable CD to restore your backup, is that right? If so, of course you cannot eject the CD. You may restore the back in Windows or use a usb device as AOMEI Backupper bootable media.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team