Home AOMEI Products Support

Deleting incremental backups

Occasionally, I find damaged incremental backups and I don't want to spend time doing a full backup again.  I assume one cannot delete earlier incremental backups and expect later incremental backups to be recoverable.  I understand each incremental backup is based on the backup before it.  However, my question is, "Can we delete more recent incremental backups and still expect AOMEI to continue to perform recoverable incremental backups starting from that point?"

For instance, if I do a full backup (A), and five daily incremental backups (B,C,D,E, F), I cannot delete backup D and still expect backup E or F to be recoverable.  Backup E and all later backups are based on the information contained in D and that information was deleted.  Instead, I am asking, "If I delete the latest incremental backups E and F, will AOMEI simply base the next scheduled incremental backup on the most recent backup still available (i.e. D)?"  If that is the case, if I delete all of the incrementals (B,C,D,E,F) will AOMEI automatically start doing new incrementals based on the original full backup (A) again... or do I need to start over?

Comments

• Hello CowDoc,

Thank you for posting your questions here. Actually your guesses are all right, you can do what you mentioned.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team