Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Mounting ADI image from Windows Explorer

Hello,

I have been using Macrium Reflect for some time now before checking out Backupper today. I love your program!

I do have one suggestion for you. Macrium has a cool feature where you can easily mount the backup image file directly from Windows Explorer, by right clicking on the file and then selecting "mount". It makes it easier to select the image you need, rather than searching for the image file via the application program.

Would this functionality be something you would consider adding in the future?

Regards,
Frank

Comments

• Hello Frank,

Thank you so much for your suggestion. I will report it to our programmers. We will keep making efforts to improving this program. Please keep tuned in the updates of our products.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team
  • Hello Kim,

That would be great!

Thank you for getting back to me on this, I hope that this will be a feature you would be able to implement.

All the best,
    Frank
  • Thanks Frank, this feature is very usefull, I believe our programmers will do such an improvement in the future.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team
  • I'd like to suggest taking this one step further. It should work as seamlessly as zip files, double clicking on the file should allow you to explore it. You shouldn't have to mount an image at all, just set Backupper as the default program for adi files and when you double click you can explorer it. When you close the browser the image is closed out.

Acronis 2009 worked this way, but Win8 forced me to Acronis 2014 which dropped this feature and makes you mount images. So I switched to EaseUS which does exactly what I described above. I like AOMEI Backupper much better and want to completely drop EaseUS, but this feature is the only thing holding me back.

The reason this is so important is that when you discover a corrupted file and don't know when it happened, you may have 10 backup files to look through. It's a pain to mount and unmount each backup file trying to find the most recent good file. It's much better if you can just double click to seamlessly browse the files. So just add this one feature and you've got the perfect backup utility.
  • Hello ronk,

Thank you so much for your suggestion, I have recorded it and will report to our developement department.

If you have any other qustions or suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Kim
    AOMEI Support Team