Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Hard Drive Cloning To Smaller Drive

Any advice please!
Have a hdd [500GB] which is split into 2 partitions:
Partion 1 ..........C\ Drive - 350 GB with 50 GB used  (Windows 8.1 OS)
Partition 2 ........E\ Drive - 150 GB with 25 GB used  (Music and Pics)

Can I clone this drive to a SSD Drive which has 120 GB capacity?

I can delete the E\ drive if necessary.

Comments

• Hello tezzaq,

You don't have to delete E\ drive, you can directly clone this drive to the smaller drive while the used space is less than the capacity of the destination disk. 

Also, to migrate OS to SSD, you could try the Migrate OS feature of AOMEI Partition Assistant. It will only migrate your system to SSD including your settings and installed applications in the system.

If you have any further questions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team

• Thank you so much for your prompt reply!!!

• Hello, whereni can find "Migrate OS feature of AOMEI Partition Assistant" ? 

Im trying to migrate my hdd to ssd but have 4 partition, im doin one by one and when finish put my sdd on my computer and don't boot, OS Windows8, thanks in advance.

• edited January 2014

Hello Fgundo,

As for your query, you can find the Migrate OS feature in any editions of AOMEI Partition Assistant, but the free edition--Partition Assistant Standard Edition only supports Migrating OS from MBR disk to MBR disk while not support the migration between MBR and GPT disks. 

As for the boot failure, it depends on how you translate your OS to another disk. In order to make the destination disk to be bootable directly, you should choose Migrate OS function or Clone Disk Wizard. In your situation, you may first use Migrate OS function to migrate your system to SSD and then copy the rest of partitions to ssd.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us back.

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team