Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Backup image files overwriting

Hi there, thanks for your newly software backup program.

Would he be possible to include an overwrite function to stop disks filling up please?

Comments

• Hello luke,

Well come to our forum. We are sorry currently it is impossible to overwrite previous backup files. If your disk be filled up, you can delete the old backup files, please refer to this article

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team

• edited December 2013

Duplicate Post 

• edited December 2013

Backupper is a great program, Thanks!

I would also like to request that you consider adding the ability to manage backup images in Backupper.  Either "Keep number of versions" or "Maximum space used on backup target"  

• Hello jf2go,

Thank you so much for your advice. It is very important for us to improve our program. We will sincerely consider any of your advices and improve our program in the future.

Best Regards,

AOMEI Support Team

• edited February 2014

I noticed the same problem and for the time being I use the following work-around ...

Use a scheduled script, in which you use the program DelAge32, which can be found here ...

http://www.horstmuc.de/wbat32.htm

DelAge32 can be used with wildcards, e.g. *.adi and is capable to delete files by age.

Hopefully an overwrite function is added to Aomei Backupper.

• edited February 2014

Thank you Marcy. The will release version which is plan to be released in this month already has the functionality to manage backup files. You can test it. If you have any suggestions please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Kim