Home Suggestions and Feedbacks

Automatic Backup Cleanup GLITCH still needs fixing

Automatic Delete never seems to work right. It either acts like it isn't enabled and doesn't delete anything, or it leaves behind 2 complete backup sets when it's adjusted to keep only one set. Trust is the most important thing in a backup app, but unfortunately Backupper Pro behaves erratically, and creates unwanted multiple backups that fill my 2tb storage device.

I previoulsy jumped through all of the hoops requested by Aomei support to diagnose the problem. Then, after finding nothing wrong with my settings, they claimed that the program must retain 2 full sets even when you set it to keep 1 set. I accepted this, but later noticed that sometimes it kept 2 sets, and other times nothing was being deleted! (Same exact setting for the backup scheme.) Obviously, the developer needs to work harder to correct this long-standing GLITCH. I am very disappointed.

Comments

• @Topanga, Sorry for the inconvenience. What backup scheme did you use? Incremental Backup scheme?
    Could you take a screenshot of your backup scheme setting?
  • Same problem: Automatic Delete DOESN'T WORK at all! 

My settings:

When this issue will be solved?

• @Roma Please download UiLogic.dll from the following link, and then replace it to the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Say9_YnCqq8D3POYTYtBbPStOoIi0Ia5/view?usp=drivesdk
    After that, please run AOMEI Backupper to perform a backup again and check if backup scheme will work. And then, please send us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check.
  • Thank you, I will try. It takes time to create backups.
  • Do you need all contents of the folder "c:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper\7.1.1\log\"?
    Or some particular files? 
  • Good day, @admin !
    I have replaced UiLogic.dll with your file, and did backups several times after that. Looks like nothing changed - automatic delete of old backups still DOESN'T WORK...
  • edited December 2022
    Ok, finally I see that automatic cleanup works (at least, with my settings).

But the way how it works is not obvious. For example, when I choose "keep the latest 1 set of backups" (and other settings as in the picture above) it keeps full backup, then 2 incremental, and after that  it keeps another full backup and 1 incremental. And only after second incremental backup in cleans first full backups and 2 incrementals.
    So, at some point of time it seems that it keeps 2 sets of backups instead of 1 (which is my settings). And it cleans fist set only after COMPLETION of second set.

I'm OK with it. It Just need to be clarified in app more obviously. 

Although, should say that it works the same with your DLL, as with original DLL. At least I haven't noticed any changes. 
  • Although, should say that it works the same with your DLL, as with original DLL. At least I haven't noticed any changes. 
  • @Roma, As for deleting way of Backup scheme, please refer to here: https://www.ubackup.com/help/backup-scheme.html
  • Seems this is still not working, i have my cleanup set to 35 days, but it just keep creating new ones without deleting old ones.
  • @TheDeeGee, Please contact the support team via email to check the problem and help you further.