Home AOMEI Products Support

Incremental / Differential Backup not working as intended - AOMEI Backupper Professional

I have now tried numerous times to perform scheduled backups using both Incremental and Differential method but every time it is meant to do the Incremental or Differential backup it performs a Full Backup.

I have followed the instructions on the website to a tee and it still does not work as intended.

Is there any other tips / tricks i could try to get it to work?

Comments

• It appears if i use the System Backup function rather than the Disk Backup function it works as intended.
  • @Stevo, "every time it is meant to do the Incremental or Differential backup it performs a Full Backup."---Could you click Properties of the task, then select Logs, then take a screenshot to us?
    And, please take a screenshot of your scheme setting, also send us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check.
  • I have the same problem. I have created a task for system backup weekly on Sunday 08:00. Type is incremental with full backup after 6 incremental backup's. But every week Aomei performs a full backup. From the log:

• @Eleonora75, Could you send us log folder under C:\Program Files (x86)\AOMEI\AOMEI Backupper\6.9.2 and task2.2.xml file under C:\ProgramData\AomeiBR so that we can check and analyze?
  • Of course I can send you this documents. But I don't want attach this files here in this public forum. Please send me an email adress so you will receive this documents.
  • I am having the same issue.... even when choosing incremental backup, it performs full backups only. Has anyone found a solution for this? Thanks.