Home AOMEI Products Support

Cannot create bootable media DVD

AOMEI Backupper Standard 6.9.2
Using Create Bootable Media tool with standard procedure (not downloading WinPE creation separately) has failed in Windows 10 Version 21H2 on two different DVD drives with two different DVDs.  Goes to 100% then message "Process Failed" - not a helpful error message.
Creates ampe_tmp.iso OK

Comments

• It appears that no CD/DVD burning capabilities are included in AOMEI Backupper Standard.  I was able to burn the ISO to DVD using another program.  As a professional programmer, I am not impressed with a program which gives a meaningless error message rather than indicating CLEARLY that this capability requires purchase of the Pro product.  It's lazy programming and waste people's time.  I shouldn't be having to puzzle out the operation of your program.
  • Trying out Aomei Backupper Standard 6.9.1 on my Windows 10 21H2 machine.

It did work for me and burnt the disc Ok, and I was able to boot from the DVD. However, I did have some problems.

As you can see, it only got to 99%.  At the same time it ejected the disc and this error came up.  I waited for a long time for response.

I closed down Aomei and looked at the DVD and all the correct boot files are there.  When I boot the DVD in UEFI mode it shows a black screen with no horizontal white bar but still boots to Aomei.  If I boot non-UEFI it does show the white bar and boots to Aomei.    I get this command line menu:

Booting from CDROM with Multiple Boot Image
    No Emulation Image :0
    1.44MB Floppy Image :1
    Select Boot Image :0

I don't think this menu is needed and booting should continue straight away.