Home AOMEI Products Support

One of my External HDD's is not showing up in aomei, but does in windows

One of my External HDD's is not showing up in aomei, but does in windows.
It's probably an older drive, but should work OK. Tried blue and black USB ports, no joy.

Comments

• @Chuckiechan, Could you check if the disk is 4096 bytes/sector. AOMEI Backupper currently can't list 4096 disks.
    You can press Win+R, type “msinfo32” in the Run box, then open Components-->Storage-->Disks-->select the disk you want to check, then check the Bytes/sector of the drive.
  • Just checked per your instructions. It is a 512. It worked at one time then stopped. But I can cut and paste into in and read the data OK. BTW: It's a Western Digital External Model WDS100T2B0A-00SM50.
    Using disk management is has all the normal setting as my other back up disk.
  • @Chuckiechan, Could you send us log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check?
    And, please download and install AOMEI Partition Assistant to see if it can detect the external drive. If it can detect it, please also send us log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Partition Assistant.
    Download: https://www2.aomeisoftware.com/download/pa/PAssist_Std.exe