Home The Lounge

Recovery Environment Menu Change

Greetings,

This isn't a big issue, because the Recovery Environment boot menu still operates properly, but it had changed from the Windows Blue EFI screen to the older menu style.  The change took place after installing OneKey, and creating a new WinPE.

Present boot screen (Sorry for the poor picture): 

The boot screen used to look like this:

I liked the blue screen.  Any ideas as to how the recovery boot menu can be returned to the Windows Blue.  I have tried rebuilding the WinPe.

Thank You and Best regards...

Comments

• Sorry, I meant to post this in AOMEI Product support...
  • Currently it cannot be changed to the blue screen in the software settings. This problem will be optimized later, thank you for your feedback.
  • The blue screen is officially called the "Metro" look. I think the menu you are referring to that allows you to choose which Windows installation or Recovery Environment to boot is the BCD menu. You could try to change it back with this link:

I have done the same steps on several Windows installations, and half of the time it works, half of the time nothing happens. Although I never saw any error or problem from using that link to attempt to change it to the blue Metro screen, I highly recommend backing up your data before you attempt to change settings, in case something goes wrong.

Please reply if you were able to fix this issue, with the steps you took to fix it. Thank you.