Home AOMEI Products Support

Trying to rebuild MBR

Hi,
I had a problem with the SSD drive of my desktop computer, and unfortunately, for some reason, it stopped working and I was getting a message that there's no boot. I disassembled the drive from the computer and took it out to connect it externally to my laptop. The drive wasn't recognized by my laptop, but using the 'Aomei Partition Assistant' I saw that the drive was unallocated (with disk size showing) and I chose the 'Rebuild MBR' option. Then I was getting a message that the operation was successful, but nothing really happened and my laptop still doesn't recognize the drive. I really need the files on that drive, Can anyone help me, please?
Tagged:

Comments

• @Tomerko, "The drive wasn't recognized by my laptop, but using the 'Aomei Partition Assistant' I saw that the drive was unallocated (with disk size showing)"----Could you take screenshots of Windows Disk Management and Partition Assistant? You can press Win+R, then run "diskmgmt.msc" to open windows disk management.
  • edited January 2022
    Sure, thank you for the quick reply.
    I wasn't sure if it will be possible to save the files on that drive, so I don't remember if I already tried to initialize the disk.

• @Tomerko, You can try to run Partition Recovery Wizard to check if it can search your lost partitions. If it can't find your lost partitions, we are afraid that our software can't help you further.