Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backerupper attempts to back-up (and freezes) during a Windows 10 system update restart

AOMEI Backerupper attempts to back-up (and freezes) during a Windows 10 system update restart  and thus prevents the updates from taking place and never backs anything up anyway.  I cannot figure out how to stop this from happening.  Currently, the only  option I have is to do a hard re-start (press and hold on/off button until cpu shuts down) and then re-start.  On the re-start Backerupper is no longer an issue and does not interfere with the system up-date.  

I have the system updates set to take place in the wee hours of the morning and each time I turn the cpu on, it is frozen.  
So, I tried doing the updates manually during the day, but end with the same results no matter the time.  

Is there something that is telling Backupper to do a back-up on shut-down? 
I have the cpu set to go to sleep. 
Occasionally I do a manual re-start every month or so and get the same results.
Only solution I have is the hard restart.  

Am not sure if there is a setting in Backupper that I can change to prevent this behavior.  

Any help greatly appreciated!
Thx in advance!

Comments

• HotRod, “I have the system updates set to take place in the wee hours of the morning and each time I turn the cpu on, it is frozen.  
    So, I tried doing the updates manually during the day, but end with the same results no matter the time. ”---Which interface did it freeze? Could you take photos so that we check further?