Home AOMEI Products Support

Finding a good Backup scheme

My original backup idea was as followed.
1. Make a disk backup of the drive. This will allow me to restores from backup. Even if it does not contain the latest OS, this can be corrected with an update and any missing app can be reinstalled. I would periodically update the disk backup.
2. Set up a differential file backup for c:\users. I was going to ask it to keep like 14 instance, which would cover a 2 week period.
3. Schedule the backup to do a full backup on Sunday and differential backup every day except Sunday.
4. Periodically archive a set of full backups and store them off-site.

One issue is that file backup is just too slow. The issue appears to be because it has to scan through all of the files, which end up making the file backup slower than image backup. If you want to verify the backup, then it takes like 3x more time. What do you suggest that is more viable?

Paul

Tagged:

Comments

• @Paulsiu, You can do a system or disk backup for system disk. It will include c:\users. So, you don't need to do file backup for c:\users individually.
    You can set differential schedule backup for system or disk backup and enable the backup scheme.
    But, it might be unable to set schedule the backup to do a full backup on Sunday and differential backup every day except Sunday. You can set the 7 on the differential backup scheme so that it create a full backup every 7 days.