Home AOMEI Products Support

I can't create bootable media AOMEI Backupper

Hello.
I have installed AOMEI Backupper Technician v. 6.5.1.
My S.O. It is Windows 10 Pro v.21H1 64-bit.
Turns out I've tried many times and can't "Create a bootable media". If I do it directly to a USB, the program changes the letter of the USB and although the program indicates that it has been created correctly, in reality the only thing that has changed is the "H" of the USB to the letter "G". See attached video.
If I do the same processing, but this time I create an ISO, it does, but when I pass the ISO to the USB (I have tried several USBs) it seems that it has copied correctly, I restart Windows and before it boots I put the F11 key to start Aomei Backupper from startup to restore a backup, but Windows cannot find the bootable USB (see attached video) of Backupper. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, but the problem persists. I have tried the free version and the problem persists. I have tried with other programs like AOMEI Partition Assistant and it has created a bootable USB without any errors (it only creates the bootable USB from Partition Assistant, not from Backupper), Macrium Reflect created the USB without error, Acronis created without any error, etc. .
I have contacted Technical Support and they have told me to download MakedDisc from the cloud https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rlfq6OQ4f2SuRq9K2ATxKAI0G7cA61JA/view?usp=drivesdk and replace it in the directory. It doesn't work either.
Would you be kind enough to help me create an AOMEI Backupper bootable media, in case Windows 10 won't start one day, so that I can boot from the program and restore it to a previous state?

Comments

• I was able to create a boot disk but downloading PE builder and building a boot usb. The boot usb should include a aomei backupper app https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html.

• Thank you very much for your help.
    All the best.
  • @Quesito, Could you create a WinPE ISO via AOMEI Backupper, and then upload it to a cloud, then share us? So that we can check the problem further.
  • Hi @Admin.
      He sent you the link of the ISO winpe created with AOMEI Backupper:
    I do not understand why when creating a bootable USB when booting Windows 10, it does not recognize it, on the other hand, for example when creating a bootable USB with AOMEI Partition Assistant 9.2.1, it does it perfectly and when booting Windows 10 it recognizes it perfectly like others programs.
  • @Quesito, Thank you so much. We have tested the ISO is bootable. The iso of AOMEI Backupper currently doesn't support being burned with UEFI way via the third-party tool. When you burn the iso, you need to select MBR mode. 
    We will optimzie the problem after.
  • Hi @Admin.
    I have done what you have indicated, I have converted a USB to MRB, then I have started AOMEI Backupper and "create a startup device. The program has changed the letter" G "to" H "of the USB again, but in this case although it has changed the has been created in the USB (H).
    I have restarted Windows 10 and in boot options now the created USB recognizes me, and I have finally been able to enter through the USB from Windows startup. I have tried to perform a recovery and it works perfectly. Thank you very, very much for your great work in helping me. Sorry for my bad English (I use a translator)
    You have solved the problem for me, while in Technical Support they indicated that they would try to solve it in the future.
    I attach a video of the steps I have followed.

Thank you very very much.
    Antonio.
  • Nearly 2 years later and this problem still exists. Create Bootable media fails in the same manner as noted above whether I use the Linux or WinPE option.Version is 7.2.0
  • @Maccentric, What error did you get? Could you take a screenshot of the error message?
    And, when you create the WinPE, please check if it checks "Download WinPE creating environment...". If yes, please try to download and install Windows ADK and Windows PE Addon. After that, please try to create WinPE with uncheck the option.
    As for downloading and installing Windows ADK and Windows PE Addon, please refer to here: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install

• You can try to follow the steps that worked perfectly for me, which I send you in this video.
    1º- Insert your flash drive into the computer.
    2º- Try to find a software to convert the flash drive from GPT to MBR, it can be for example "AOMEI Partition Assistant, "EaseUS Partition Master", etc.
    3º- Once converted to MBR follow the steps of the video that I attached (if you download the video you will see it with better resolution).
    I hope it works for you.
  • I just ran into this same or similar issue. I'm using UEFI system. If I create USB bootable media from within
    Backupper it works, the USB boots. The problem is exporting to an ISO file and them making a USB from that ISO, it will not boot. Partition Assistant works fine when creating from an ISO

The problem seems to be the ISO created by Backupper is missing EFI\Boot folder , but PA has it. I copied the EFI\Boot folder from the PA USB and added it to the Backupper USB and it now boots correctly. I also edit the ISO
    file and added this folder and USB and CD created from this ISO now work.

So the problem seems to be the EFI\Boot folder is not being copied to the ISO file when created by Backupper

• Hello Rmarti, I understand the iso of BU is not working. You are able to create an ISO with BU, but after that, the ISO does not work. What application are you using to burn the ISO onto a disc? Are you using the ISO for another USB creation software, such as Rufus?
    I have used BU to create USB sticks and ISO files for years, and it should work with many 3rd party applications. In my opinion, the best is Venoy.
    You could also use Aomei PE Builder USB, which is a combination of the 2.
    Please reply with more info, and a screenshot of this problem, thank you.
    Aomei WinPE Builder USB:
    Partition Assistant, Backupper, Recuva, 7zip, OSF Mount, CPU-Z, Bootice, DiskMgmt.msc. Does not support any additional drivers, such as some internal NVMe disks.
    https://www.ubackup.com/pe-builder.html
    Ventoy - Best Multiboot USB Creator
    https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html

• I create the ISO in BU using the export to ISO option. I use rufus to put the ISO to USB. This has been working in the past but recently upgraded BU but have not used the USBs I created with it until today, just assumed they worked as usual. If I create the USB using the option in BU it boots correctly

The problem seems to be the EF\Boot folder is missing from the ISO BU creates, so rufus just carries that to the USB
    creation.  An ISO created from Partition Assistant has the folder and boots correctly. I edited the ISO and added the EFI\Boot folder m created another USB with rufus and it works.