Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei Backupper and Dropbox

Hello all!

We are planning to start using Aomei Backupper (let's call AB) on our servers. We need to use two way sync, because we use Dropbox also. Here is the situation in general:
  1. We have a folder, where the server's shared folders resides. We can't use this folder directly on Dropbox, because Dropbox became unstable when used with shared folders;
  2. We have the Dropbox folder on another location, on same drive (maybe we will add another drive soon);
  3.  Some users can use Dropbox on their own devices. Because of this, we need the two way sync feature from AB.
The problem is: when AB starts the two way sync, just after it create snapshots, it stucks on files on Dropbox cache folder. Won't progress anymore. We have tried the Dropbox folder directly, and also the cloud option on the destination list. Happens the same. AB keeps showing error 1920 on it's interface:

I search for similar situation here on support pages, but no deal. So, the question is: how we can use AB's two way sync feature with Dropbox?

Another doubt is: if a file is being used by an user on a shared folder, how AB will react?

Thanks in advice.

Comments

• @Bhi_tecnologia. did you two-way sync between the shared folder and dropbox local folder?
    Could you check if you can directly copy the file to another location?
    And, it is a local file? or online file of your dropbox?
  • Thank you for reply.

Yes, I did a test, and can't sync these folders. AB stops at Dropbox cache folder, but I can manually copy, by the way.

All files and folder are local, Dropbox is configured to retain all files locally.
  • @Bhi_tecnologia, Could you offer us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check the problem further?
    In addition, please check "Edit Backup" of the task, and then take a screenshot to us.
  • Thanks, Admin.

In the end, we realized two way sync will not work, independent of the software. We tried some robocopy scripts and some other solutions, but all these cause some type of problem.

So, we get a real-time sync software. Yes, I know AB have the real-time sync, but is only one way, and we still need the two way. Maybe in a future version? ;)

Thank you for you effort. Have a nice day!
  • @Bhi_tecnologia, Have you uninstalled AOMEI Backupper? If not, could you send us the log folder under the intallation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check the problem further?
  • Good morning!

Well, we didn't test it directly on our servers. We made a "lab test", and now this "lab" have another use, since we don't need to test AB anymore.