Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper - cannot explore image file - Server 2019

Hello everybody,

I save a server 2019 (file server) with AOMEI Backupper Technichian, this machine has 4 data partitions which are saved.
If I now select a backup and integrate the 4 partitions as additional drives using the Image Explorer, I get 1 working drive and 3 drives which are not available because they would have to be formatted.
I don't want to restore a complete backup, I only want to be able to restore individual files from the backup in case of emergency. But that is not possible with this bug.
Everything is correctly formatted and working in the source system.

The error occurs with both disk backup and partition backup.
Has anyone already had experience here?
With best regards

Comments

• @SB2021, Did you mean that you can't access the mounted virtual partitions? How big are these partitions? Did you explore the image on the same computer that you create the backup?
    And, did you perform disk backup? or partition backup? Could you try to explore single partition to check again?
  • yes exactly that is correct, there is no access to the mounted partitions.
    The partitions are 399GB, 149GB, 499GB, and 60GB. The only one that works is the 499GB partition, the others cannot be mounted.
    The image was explored where it was created on the same server.
    I tried both versions, disk backup and partition backup, same error.
    Unfortunately, single partition does not work either.

• if I explore the image on another server, and use only one partition, it doesn't work too.
    The message appears that the drive must be formatted.

• @SB2021, the four partitions on the same disk? or different disks?
    Could you take a screenshot of Explore Image (set driver letters) so that we check?
  • edited May 2021
    it's on different disks, i also got a Support Ticket: #147623 with a lot screenshots but no response
  • @SB2021, Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you try to recreate the backup?
    Please try to create individual backup task for every partition. That's to say, please don't back up partitions from different disks to an image file.
    After that, please check if you can explore them.
  • Thank you for the feedback!
    this is an ongoing productive environment. here it is not possible to recreate the backup.
    Ideally, the Image Explorer is the best tool here.

I have now created a separate backup job for each individual hard drive and will report tomorrow morning. Thank you so much!

• edited May 2021
    I just checked the backup jobs, there are a total of 5 jobs. now the image cannot be explored for any of these jobs. The error message is:

Image-Vorschau wird initialisiert...

Überprüfe Integrität des Image...

Informationscode:4125

Fehler beim Anzeigen oder bei der Vorschau des Images.

• If i explore the Image on another machine it works. why this?
  • @SB2021, As for 4125, please reboot the computer, then reinstall the software, then explore the image again.