Home AOMEI Products Support

Remove Aomei Partition Assistant Recovery Option

Aomei support cannot give me a simple answer to this and so i turn to the forum....

I have installed Aomei Partition Assistant and installed the Recovery Option so there is an entry under the Recover screen when i boot up to launch PartAssist

I have uninstalled the program but the Recovery option still appears in the Recovery screen and selecting it, strill launches the program!

How can i remove this. Aomei do not know and there is no uninstall option!!!!

Regards

Comments

• Use 7-zip to delete the sources\recovery\tools folder from winre.wim

• Hmmm Many thanks but even with hidden and system files showing (unhidden) that folder is empty....
  • edited April 2021
    what folder is empty? Your winre.wim will not be in the same place as mine.

You can find where yours is by opening an administrator command prompt and type:
    reagentc /info
    (then press enter)

• @PB2005, please find this path c:\windows\recovery and find winrebackup.wim file and rename it as Winre.wim. After that, please use this winre.wim  to replace the winre.wim under C:\Recovery\WindowsRE.
  • Thanks you @SIW2 - sorry didn't realise steps had been left out.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /info
    Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration
    Information:

Windows RE status:         Enabled
        Windows RE location:       \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE
        Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: 5c2cfd28-b92b-11ea-8cfc-d57afda4cc38
        Recovery image location:
        Recovery image index:      0
        Custom image location:
        Custom image index:        0

REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.

@admin Thanks. Found WinREbackup and copied it and renamed to WinRE

But the folder you want to move it to doesn't exist

So in made the WindowsRE folder in the C:\recovery folder and copied the WinRE file into there. NO joy (

IS there a reason the program itself doesn't have the option to remove the recovery option which it added???

• edited April 2021
    Windows RE location:       \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE

That tells you the Recovery\WindowsRE folder is on disk 0 partition 4

• I'm no expert ... I'm just a normal guy that's trying to reinstall my Windows 10
    I created an image from my other Lenovo laptop that's identicle to the one that crashed. I though it would be easier to clone my C drive and restore to the other laptop. I was abe to get the laptop worl\king but now I keep getting the bott option when I start the machine. I've tried to follow the instructions here but my configuration seems different. This is what I get when I typr: reagentc /info
    C:\Recovery>reagentc /info
    Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration
    Information:

Windows RE status:         Disabled
        Windows RE location:
        Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: 37b2bb02-491f-11ee-9815-af2075b340db
        Recovery image location:
        Recovery image index:      0
        Custom image location:
        Custom image index:        0

REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.

I've searched my HDD for winrebackup.wim but just can't find it anywhere. 
    What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something. I've been working on this for several hours to no avail.
    -Please, any help is appreciated.
    TIA
    -PauBa
  • @PauBa, Did you mean that the restored system can't boot? What means is "I was able to get the laptop worl\king"?
    Could you take a photo of the boot error screen?
    And, did you boot the crash computer from WinPE to do the restore? system restore? or disk restore?
    Please boot from WinPE again and take a screenshot of disk lisk so that we check the restored disk.