Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper 6.5 Pro - WinPE 10 not accessing 11th Gen Tiger Lake + NVME SSD on HP 15-dw3509nz

Hello, my problem:
I'm running a brand new Laptop HP 15-dw3509nz (1A3Y0AV) with 11th Gen Tiger Lake CPU i5-1135G7 with a SSD NVME M.2  WD Blue 1TB and Windows 10 v20H2 Home 64bit.
1) First problem was, that Windows 10 v20H2 didn't have the 'Intel RST' storage driver for Tiger Lake native in it. Therefore I downloaded all drivers from HP and installed Intel RST (F6) on Windows 10 first time installation. Windows was working fine, I could go to internet without problems. 
2) Then I made with AOMEI Backupper 6.5 Pro (valid License) a UEFI bootable medium file 'ampe.iso' with WinPE (WinPE live download from AOMEI) on it. In Backupper I added on it the driver Intel RST for Tiger Lake from HP.
Problem: after booting this AOMEI WinPE I could NOT access the internal SSD NVME M.2 WD Blue 1TB. In Explorer there was no internal SSD to see.
3) After many hours searching in internet of a working solution I finally downloaded AOMEI PE Builder 2.0 and installed it.
4) With AOMEI PE Builder 2.0 I did a UEFI bootable medium file 'ampe.iso' with WinPE (WinPE live download from AOMEI) on it. IN PE Builder I added the driver Intel RST for Tiger Lake from HP.
5) I copied 'ampe.iso' on a flash drive with newest Rufus v3.13 on it. 
6) Problem: I could boot the flash drive and saw all tools included from Aomei PE Builder 2.0. But again, I could NOT access the internal SSD NVME M.2 WD Blue. The same problem again! Also I figured out, that the WinPE Version from AOMEI is from 2016 - still very old !
I spent more than 20 hours trying to make it work, but NO success. I'm desperate.
Questions: What more I can do??? What is a working solution??? Did AOMEI try to make a working bootable flash drive with AOMEI-WinPE on it for 11th Gen Intel CPU with Tiger Lake Storage Chipset???

Drivers:
- Intel RST -Intel-RST Tiger Lake 18.0.3.1148 RevA -sp111660.exe
- Intel serielle IO Tiger Lake 30.100.2031.2 RevA -sp111665.exe
- Intel Dynamic Tuning Tiger Lake 8.7.10401.16510 RevA -sp111653.exe
- Intel MEI Tiger Lake 2035.15.0.1807 RevA -sp111655.exe
- Intel Chipset 10.1.18460.8229 RevA -sp111649.exe

Intel RST Problem on Windows 10 v20H2: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06983517
Laptop: https://support.hp.com/ch-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-laptop-pc-15-dw3000/37506289/model/2100000420?sku=2H6T5EA

I will be not the only one with this problems. 

Thanks for helping solution.

Comments

• @Aaha, Could you try to download Windows ADK to install? Please refer to here: https://www.ubackup.com/help/aik-win8.html
    Afte that, please retry to recreate the WinPE via AOMEI Backupper with unchecking "Download WinPE creating environment...". And, please also manually add the drivers of SSD NVME M.2 WD Blue.  
  • edited May 2021
    I think WD does not have drivers for consumer ssd.

You can check if this 1904FIXED.iso works for you, it contains the rst drivers

• @SIW2, thank you very much for your effort  :) 
    With your '1904FIXED.iso' I could boot in to your WinPE.
    But again, I could NOT access the internal 1TB SSD NVMe M.2 WD Blue SN550.

- WD Blue WDS100T2B0C: https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-sn550-nvme-ssd#WDS100T2B0C
    - Laptop Drivers:  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laptop-pc-15-dw3000/37506289/model/2100000420?sku=2H6T5EA
    - Driver @HP: Intel-RST Tiger Lake 18.0.3.1148 RevA   sp111660.exe
    Note: Even Win10 v20H2 doesn't have the driver for this Tiger Lake Intel RST in it, we have to include it in WinPE or at any Windows 10 20H2 OOBE installation.

Thanks and Greetings from Aaha
  • edited May 2021

The 1904FIXED.iso already has the 18 rst drivers integrated.

It seems there are now some recenttly released WD nvme drivers just released this year for win8.1 and win10 only

There are also phison drivers which reportedly work for all nvme disks
    win10 x64 phison drivers

win7x64 phison drivers

https://www.win-raid.com/t29f25-Recommended-AHCI-RAID-and-NVMe-Drivers.html

• @SIW2, again, I thank you very much for your effort   
    I tried about 20 different 'ampe.iso' with different driver combinations included. (Drivers from HP, Intel, WD, Samsung, Asus, Phison, etc)
    NONE of different 'ampe.iso' could access the internal SSD NVMe M.2 from WD 1TB or Samsung PM991 / 256GB.
    It looks like all the problems are a matter of Aomei Backupper / Aomei PE Builder software and of a very old AOMEI WinPE from 2016!!  
    I lost now 8 working days with all this problems and trying to get a working version. No success.

@SIW2Question: are you a private person or an employee from Aomei?

@Admin
    My verdict: AOMEI must do a lot of further development 
    of Aomei Backupper 6.5 Pro / Aomei PE Builder 2.0, qualified for Intel 11th Gen CPU / Chipsets. Finally AOMEI software engineers have to TEST all software thorougly and carefully with a running system with an Intel 11th Gen CPU / Chipset and a SSD NVMe M.2 (development departement is able to buy such a laptop), before they further sell this software. Check also the log-files of your software. Otherwise, Aomei will get a lot of complaints from unhappy or even frustrated customers in future. @Admin, please tell all this to your development department. 
    Note: See all my hardware and software specs in my first post of this thread.

• edited May 2021

I am not an employee of aomei.

Usually it is best to use the winre.wim supplied by the oem, because it should include any required oem drivers.. The problem arises upgrading to a newer version of win10 if the newer version of winre/boot.wim does not include the oem drivers.

According to the  HP link you posted, it should work with the rst drivers integrated.

• SIW2 thank you for your efforts. I knew from the beginning, that your  '1904FIXED.iso'  includes the Intel RST drivers and that you did a good job! 

Rule of thumb in general: a company is only as good as their own customer service. 
    Sorry, but the AOMEI customer service is almost nonexistent. Here I got no adequate help from Aomei itself and also I sent an email to  [email protected],  but their 'first level support' answered with "complete nonsense".
    Aomei could easely check and comprehend all their software problems with a brand spanking new GENERATION OF HARDWARE named Intel 11th Generation Tiger Lake CPU & Chipset in their development department. And after their own success they can confirm and guarantee here and also on their homepage a 100% working status of their software with Intel Tiger Lake chipset. That is what I expect from a good company. But they show no effort. 
    It seems, that Aomei let their customer test and develop their own software...
    Sorry about my English, because it is only my 4th language. 
    Sorry, I don't want to waste more and more time with a error-prone software. And I know, when it's time to say goodbye.
    Competitor 'Acronis True Image' is working fine.
  • edited April 2021

Thanks for the update. If you would be good enough to upload your working acronis winpe and post a link to it, then I will be able to see why that is working for you yet my 1904 does not :)

It is a mystery at the moment.
  • @SIW2, I'm working with Acronis True Image Recovery Software based on Linux, which is working fine.
    But again, the Aomei Recovery Boot Software based on Linux is NOT working...
  • edited April 2021

You might be able to get the official win10 recovery media from HP via their cloud recovery or by asking directly at HP site ,  need  your product id.. Then it should be easy to have a look at boot.wim / winre.wim from that recovery media and see what they have done.

I would download the recovery media myself if it is available via cloud recovery program, but I don't know the product id for your model.

• @SIW2, thank you. I posted your required info already in my first post at 8th April and again at 9th April in this thread (in HP Link). Additional details here:
    Laptop: HP 15-dw3509nz (1A3Y0AV) with 11th Gen Tiger Lake CPU i5-1135G7 with a SSD NVME M.2  WD Blue 1TB and Windows10 v20H2 Home 64bit:  Prod= 2H6T5EA##UUZ  SN= CND1062M99  Bios= Insyde F.42 @22. Febr. 2021
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laptop-pc-15-dw3000/37506289/model/2100000420?sku=2H6T5EA
    SSD (HP L65187-002) Samsung PM991 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen3x4:  MZLQ256HAJD-000H1
    SSD WD BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe Gen3x4:  WDS100T2B0C 
    HP Cloud Recovery Supported Platforms: https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/CloudRecovery/crsupportedplatform.html
    HP Consumer PCs Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

• @Aaha, Sorry to reply to you late. Based on your problem: the WinPE can't list your SSD NVME M.2  WD Blue 1TB disk, you need to manaully add the drivers of the NVME SSD when you creating the WinPE.
    You can try to use Dism++ to export the related drivers and then add them into WinPE. Fore steps, please refer to here: https://www.aomeitech.com/kb/backupper/winpe-bootable-media-cannot-recognize-some-devices.html
    Could you try again?

• @Admin,
    please read my posts always carefully and concentrated! As carefully as I also write my posts.
    I ALREADY INCLUDED THE CORRECT DRIVERS (and every combination with all the different drivers from different companies) to all my WinPE since 3rd April, I did in Backupper and PE Builder.
    I posted that already in my first post at 8th April 2021 in this thread.
    Therefore you don't need to write again what I did from the beginning in AOMEI Backupper Pro and PE Builder.
    It is much better to read ALL my posts always carefully and concentrated !!!!

MY IMPORTANT QUESTION: Did you hand over the task to do to your AOMEI Development Departement (that I suggested at 10th April
    in my post) ????

@Admin April 10th copy:
    AOMEI must do a lot of further development of Aomei Backupper 6.5 Pro / Aomei PE Builder 2.0, qualified for Intel 11th Gen CPU / Chipsets. Finally AOMEI software engineers have to TEST all software thorougly and carefully with a running system with an Intel 11th Gen CPU / Chipset and a SSD NVMe M.2 (development departement is able to buy such a laptop), before they further sell this software. Check also ALWAYS the log-files of your software. Otherwise, Aomei will get a lot of complaints from unhappy or even frustrated customers.
    Admin, please write all this as an order to your development department! 

@Admin
    April 10th copy:
    Please tell Aomei MUST check and comprehend all their software problems with a brand spanking new GENERATION OF HARDWARE named 
    Intel 11th Generation Tiger Lake CPU & Chipset in their own development department.
    And after their own success they can confirm and guarantee here in this forum and also on their homepage a 100% working status of their software with Intel Tiger Lake chipset. That is what I expect from a good company. But they show no effort. 
    --> Intel Tiger Lake is a BRAND NEW platform that AOMEI has to test ANYWAY with their software.

• edited April 2021

Thanks for the product id. I have had a quick look at the recovery media.

boot.wim has these drivers pre-integrated:

It also runs WinPE_DrvInst.CMD to install the matching IO drivers online after checking the system id.

• @SIW2, thank you again for your effort  :) 
    I tried different PE Builder 'ampe.iso' with different driver combinations included (found in Aaha.zip).
    a) Drivers from Pic1 included, b) Drivers from Pic2, c) Drivers from Pic1 & Pic2
    Result: Again, I could not access the internal SSD from booted ampe.iso. 

Question 1: When the checkbox is active: 'Backupper downloads WinPE automatically from AOMEI', which file names are then downloaded from AOMEI? ---> 'boot.wim' or also other files? Nowhere I couldn't find any infos about that...

Question 2: In your Package 'Aaha.zip' is a new file 'boot.wim', do I have to copy it to folder 'source' from Backupper?

Question 3: And when I use PE Builder where to copy 'boot.wim'? 
  • @Aaha, Could you boot from the WinPE of AOMEI PE Bulder, then check if it includes and loads these drivers you added.
    1. Please run "CMD" as administrator under WinPE, then run "regedit" to open the Registry.
    2. Then locate the following path, check if it includes these drivers you added.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
    3. If yes, run "sc query XXX" under command window to check if the service is running. (XXX is the name of the driver under Services, such as "sc query Intel RST").
    4. If the service is stopped, please run "net start XXX" to start it, then run "sc query XXX" to check if it is running. If It is running, please check if AOMEI Backupper can list the disks.

• The boot.wim in aaha.zip is supplied with the HP official recovery media and is used to recover to factory like condition . I did not make it.

• SIW2 I know, that boot.wim in the package aaha.zip is from HP. The answers to my questions 1-3 I like to have to troubleshoot the error-prone software form AOMEI. To have finally a better understanding of AOMEI. 
  • edited April 2021
    "Question 2: In your Package 'Aaha.zip' is a new file 'boot.wim', do I have to copy it to folder 'source' from Backupper?"

The winpeshli.ini in HP boot .wim is:

[LaunchApps]
    wscript.exe, %systemroot%\drivers\load.vbs
    wscript.exe, %systemroot%\system32\ResChanger.vbs
    %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\wpeinit.exe
    wscript.exe, %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\PreStart.vbs
    wscript.exe, %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\StartProcess.vbs

so you end up with a different shell.

If I get time later today, I will have a look at using the HP bootable wim as a basis for backupper recovery media.

• It is a basic build with a little menu to launch backupper etc , just to see if it works for you.

• @SIW2
    thank you very much for your effort :)  :)  :)  :)  Super work, super done  :) 
    Your custom 'aaha_ampe.iso' is working !!!!! :) with 11th Gen CPU Intel Tiger Lake platform & SSD NVMe M.2SSD according to my specs! Very good work, thank you!

Attached I send you a few screenshots from Windows 10 20H2 ORiGinal installation, from Aomei PE Builder 2.0 WITH ERRORS and from WinPE registry screenshots (about Driver Intel RST for Tiger Lake 'iaStorVD'. All the file names are self explanatory.
    And you will see also the problem about your first '1904FIXED.iso' --> something went wrong with your added 'Driver iaStorVD'.
    Nice to have in a working WinPE included: 
    your 'Keyboard Layout Changer' / Windows Explorer / PE Network Manager / Chuyu Dism++ / Sumatra PDF / 
    portable 'IrfanView x32'  (Version portable irfanview.zip is working in WinPE) for editing+saving screenshots /
  • edited May 2021

Have made an adjustment to 1904 . You can check and see if it works for you 1904v2.iso
    EDIT: Updated to 1904v3.iso

• @SIW2   again, thank you very much for your effort    You have done a very good job, thank you!   
    Your custom WinPE '1904v2.iso' is working on 11th Gen CPU Intel Tiger Lake platform & SSD NVMe M.2 PCIe 3x4 ! 
    1) What is the difference you have done compared to your first '1904FIXED.iso ?
    2) Which driver in detail (source, version, file name, etc)  you integrated in your custom WinPE '1904v2.iso' ? May be this one: 'Source HP, Intel-RST Tiger Lake 18.0.3.1148 RevA - sp111660.exe' --> the HP RST driver in folder 'F6'  or another driver or adding more than 1 driver? Please let me know the details, then I can understand the path to success.
  • edited May 2021
    Just a bit of educated guesswork. These are the required drivers  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkcyDjKJJ6KwiGXrsVcS-7wdFvGm?e=BPCh1y

Because it didn't work for you using F6 load, it seems they need to be pre integrated into the boot.wim - 17.9 first, then the 18 in order for it to set up correctly as an active service. I would suggest dism++ is a good tool for mounting boot.wim, integrating the drivers, saving the mounted image, then unmount the mounted image..

Probably will also work for other 11th gen machines e.g dell

I can't get it to work with the Aomei downloaded wim file. Time for a newer version.

• I just pre integrated those 3 into winre.wim 1904.1 and it looks fine:

• Hi

I’ve registered to the forum just for say BIG THANKS to SIW2 for solving the problem (and to Aaha for his/her perseverance)!!

I’ve got the same problem as Aaha, but with an ASUS Laptop (a VivoBook 15 [F513EA], also with the “devil combination” Intel Core i7 11th Gen Intel Tiger Lake CPU + NVMe SSD).

I’ve spent a looot of hours to try to add/inject the Intel RST with VMD drivers to the AOMEI WinPE ISO image, but without success :(

I hope that AOMEI will fix this problem soon for all customers ;)

Thank you again and have a nice weekend!
    LeBlanc

P.S.
    Sorry for my bad English :/
  • edited May 2021
    De rien    :)
  • @admin
    It seems, you ignored my advice and request to Admin and AOMEI again and again.
    Now, more and more customers of AOMEI have the same problems as I had with AOMEI. What have you done since 8th of April in your software development department?
    Did you take my advice and request seriously? I think: Nothing noticeable have happend at AOMEI since then!?!
    It is really a shame and a pitty, when you did nothing at all.
    ( And SIW2 told me once, that he is NOT an employee of AOMEI )

I wrote the following more than 1 month ago (see above in this thread):

@Admin April 10th copy:
    AOMEI must do a lot of further development of Aomei Backupper 6.5 Pro / Aomei PE Builder 2.0, qualified for Intel 11th Gen CPU / Chipsets. Finally AOMEI software engineers have to TEST all software thorougly and carefully with a running system with an Intel 11th Gen CPU / Chipset and a SSD NVMe M.2 (development departement is able to buy such a laptop), before they further sell this software. Check also ALWAYS the log-files of your software. 
    Otherwise, Aomei will get a lot of complaints from unhappy or even frustrated customers.
    Admin, please write all this as an order to your development department! 

@Admin April 10th copy:
    Please tell Aomei MUST check and comprehend all their software problems with a brand spanking new GENERATION OF HARDWARE named Intel 11th Generation Tiger Lake CPU & Chipset in their own development department.
    And after their own success they can confirm and guarantee here in this forum and also on their homepage a 100% working status of their software with Intel Tiger Lake chipset.
    That is what I expect from a good company. But AOMEI shows no effort at all. 
    --> Intel Tiger Lake is a BRAND NEW platform that AOMEI has to test ANYWAY with their software.

Admin, please take care of more problems in the same matter in this tread: 
       www.aomeitech.com/forum/discussion/7524/how-to-copy-a-disk-to-a-new-hp-and-acer-pc

I had a additional work of 1 month because of all the errors in AOMEI software. I am really disappointed how AOMEI faces problems!
  • edited May 2021
    1904v3.iso is updated and is smaller

• @SIW2 thank you again for your efforts! :) 
    SIW2, you told me once, that you are NOT an employee of AOMEI.

OK, so what AOMEI is doing? Nothing at all? No improvements? No new direct downloadable WinPE from their server? Still the veeeeeery old WinPE-Edition? All major errors still left in their software? 
    AOMEI must solve all the problems with the Tiger Lake Chipset in their OWN software, otherwise a lot of frustrated customers will be left with a lot of additional work to search for a working solution...
    There is still no hint / message in their homepage FAQ about Tiger Lake Chipset, etc!?! 

My goal at beginning of april: I wanted to do an installation of an Image at a dissimilar hardware (as AOMEI advertised at their homepage). It was a nightmare until I finally got the job done with the help of SIW2, but not with the help from AOMEI, nor with their email-support...

It must work like this with the newest 11th Gen CPU Tiger Lake hardware: Download AOMEI BACKUPPER PRO -> Installation -> Making WinPE to boot from -> Finish, job done. 
    Done in 15 minutes
    and NOT 1 month error-solving for PAYING customers, until a job can be done successfully! Can AOMEI imagine the big expense the customers will have because of the additional work to overcome all the AOMEI software problems?!?