Home AOMEI Products Support

Total system backup and restore

I have a 1TB USB drive on which I want to save verything that is needed to restore my computer if it crashes.
Explain to me exactely which steps I need to make the disk bootable and how I can store the backup files on it.

So; When my computer crashes I just want to select it from the boot menu and everything will be restored.

I use Windows 10 and a HP Desktop mini computer.
Tagged:

Comments

• @Simpleton,  You can clone your system disk to the 1tb USB drive. When the original system or disk is damaged, you can connect the 1TB disk as internal drive to replace the original one, then set it to boot as a new system disk. 
  • edited April 2021
    I can not connect my external drive as an internal drive on my computer. As I wrote; I just want to want to attach my external USB drive and boot from it.

I think my question was very clear!

• @Simpleton, If you want to boot system from the external USB drive, please try to use Windows To Go feature of AOMEI Partition Assistant to create.
    As for Windows To Go, please refer to here: https://www.diskpart.com/lib/wintogo.html
    But, based on your previous description, it seems that you want to back up the system disk. After that, when the system or computer is crash, you can restore the system to the original disk or a new disk, right? If yes, you can use AOMEI Backupper to create  a system or disk backup, and save the backup file to the external drive. And, you can create WinPE bootable media of AOMEI Backupper in a flash drive. So, you can boot "crash" computer from WinPE to restore the backup image.
  • Thanks! To be sure I created a separate USB Flash to boot from. An Active RAW Primary Partition.

To be on the safe side I let the Macrion Reflect software add an boot option in the BCD and an image on the USB drive.

Thanks!