Home AOMEI Products Support

Error 4101

After sucessful installation, the backup completes at about 51%and then gives error code of 4101.  Does this every time I try it....

Comments

• @Dewey, Where do you save the image file? External drive? or NAS? Could you try to re-connect the target drive, and then run backup again? If you still get the error, please send us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check?

• Hi,
    I have been facing the same issue while trying to perform backup from my local PC to different Synology NAS.
    The % is not always the same but error is always 4101.

I can create folder and files on the NAS "manually" but AOMEI backupper can only create folders and not files.

I have every right allowed on the NAS share...

I performed all and more than what is proposed by https://www.aomeitech.com/kb/backupper/error-code-4101.html

I would really appreciate help here!

I can send log files if you specify them (I would like to remove some identification informations first).

Best regards,
  • @Chris_tof, How did you connect your NAS to AOMEI Backupper? directly select the mapped drive? or add your NAS to AOMEI Backupper via IP address way?
    Please send us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check.
  • I connected as a mapped folder as well as using the DNS adress no success ... see Backupper11.txt
    When I used the IP adress instead of mapped drive or DNS adress it worked (this morning try) see Backupper12.txt

I included SRV logs from yesterday and today

Another issue I found is that AOMEI software deletes folders it did not create when canceling a backup.
    To reproduce it:
    1. create a disk backup on a NAS drive (\\123.123.123.123\Backup\folder1\) uncheck the box create a folder for the task.
    2. launch the backup
    3. cancel when backup seems to work
    4. backup file is deleted (fair)
    5. the folder1 is deleted (not supposed to happen)         <<-- BUG
    Note that folder1 does not get deleted if it is not empty after backup file is deleted.

• @Chris_tof, "I connected as a mapped folder as well as using the DNS adress no success"---Did you get error code 4101? Could you send us ABCore.txt files so that we check?
    As for the second problem, it indeed is a bug. We will fix it in the next version.
  • I get the 4101 error also. I have 2 computers. On one, I get it every time I backup; I never get it on the other. The 4101 error occurs during the automatic verification. In the past, you said to ignore it and do a manual verification. The manual verification completes successfully, but it doesn't seem right that I must do the manual verification every time I backup. Is this a bug you plan on fixing?
    The backup is to an external hard drive. Here is the error report:

• @AlNu, Did you get 4101? or 4104? In the screenshot, it is 4104.
    As for 4104, did you mean that you can check backup successfully when you manually check backup?
    Could you send us log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check and analyze it?