Home AOMEI Products Support

Aomei onekey pro will not install on D Drive

Aomei OneKey pro will not install on D Drive, it gets to 20% then stops. The task it is doing says "Making System Partition.
The program is preparing for Restart Mode. After complete the preparation, the computer will be restarted automatically and enter into this Restart Mode".  But it never moves.

Comments

• @Leedelph, C and D drive is on the same disk? Do you allocate space from the D drive to create the recovery partition?
    Could you take a screenshot of Windows Disk Management so that we check the layout of your disks? You can press Win+R, then run "diskmgmt.msc" to open windows disk management.

• Hi, thanks for your reply. here is the screenshot. John.
  • @Leedelph, AOMEI OneKey Recovery only can create AOMEI recovery partition on the system disk. Please use AOMEI Partition Assistant to shrink the C: drive to get an unallocated space. After that, you can select the unallocated space on disk 2 to create AOMEI Recovery Partition.
    If you also need to save the system backup image to the recovery partition, please create a big unallocated space, about 80~100GB.
    If you want to save the backup file to another partition (such as D drive), you only need to shrink the C: drive to get a small unallocated space to create recovery partition, about 300~500MB.
    When you select the unallocated space to create the recovery partition, it doesn't need to reboot to perfoem. 
    But, when you shrink C:drive via AOMEI Partition Assistant, it needs to reboot.
  • Hi, Thanks for the information, but the backup is stuck at 27% I think I followed your instructions I have made a drive on the C: Partition of 1.4 GB Drive J:  and a separate Partition on the H: Drive of 150GB Drive K: but it has now been stuck at 27% for five hours
  • Hi, just another thought Aomei OneKey Pro is installed on the D: Drive.
  • Hi, sorry I have changed the drive again but it still sticks at 33%. I have used Windows Disk Management as it shows the unallocated space better.
  • Hi, I forgot to mention that the program would not continue until I installed  "Windows Assessment and Development kit Windows Preinstallation Environment Add-ons - Windows 10 " (ADK)  5.46GB.
    Is this the correct ADK as Microsoft's Website says that a "Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 20H2 will not be released You can use the Windows ADK for Windows 10, version 2004 To deploy Windows 10, version 20H2".
    My Windows version is 20H2. do you know of a link to an ADK that is known to work with OneKey? or am I on the wrong track.

• @Leedelph, Sorry to reply to you late. Did you mean that it can complete the backup after you installe ADK?
  • Hi, no the ADK allowed OneKey to install onto the computer, running Onekey still does not go past 33% towards creating the restore drive.

• Hi, Thanks for your help. But I have decided to use AOMEI Backupper accessed by AOMEI PE Builder. Regards leedelph.