Home AOMEI Products Support

Is Aomei Standard Freeware?

I recently found myself in need of a tool for cloning discs, so I downloaded Aomei standard which is clearly promoted as a FREEWARE.. I already have an efficient backup and restore as part of my antivirus suite.so I simply need to clone three
or four discs.(Change of systems, new machines etc)
However, having successfully cloned I think three discs, (it may be two not sure too long without sleep). I began to clone the last
disc  I hit "clone now"  the tool doesn't start.
Instead a window opens and I am ""Invited ??" to "update to pro!
Is this "FREEWARE"?
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great tool, it's just that I don't need it. I clone maybe one or two discs a year and for everything
else I'm already sorted.
I just think it's wrong to say your (albeit excellent) programme Aomei Standard is free, when it isn't.
Defiition of "freeware" from Techopedia:-

Definition - What does Freeware mean?

Freeware is any copyrighted software, application or program that may be freely downloaded, installed, used and shared. Such programs are available for use at no cost to general end users.

Tagged:

Comments

• @JohnTM, AOMEI Backupper Standard Edition supports Disk clone and Partition Clone. But, for system disk clone, AOMEI Backupper standard only supports clone from MBR disk to MBR, or GPT disk to GPT. 
    You can click Disk Clone of AOMEI Backupper, then check the disk style under disk list.
    If the source and target disk are different disk style, you can convert the target disk to the same type as the source via Windows Disk Management, and then do the disk clone again.
    If you want to clone system from GPT disk to MBR disk, or MBR to GPT, you need to use the paid edition.