Home AOMEI Products Support

Sync fails, no notification, log shows "failed to open: <filename>"

I'm syncing three PCs via Backupper Pro 6.3.0.  Two PCs sync without trouble, but one failed to sync last night.  Backupper shows the following message for a number of files in the AppData/Local folder:

Failed to open: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\B9ECED6F.ASUSPCAssistant.AsusKeyboardHost.exe. Result: 1920.

The sync does not occur, but there is no log entry showing that it failed, and I don't get any email notification that it failed.  Any idea what the problem is?

Comments

• @AlanF, What sync way did you use? Could you run the sync task manually again? If you still get the error, please take a screenshot to us and send us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper.
  • edited January 2021
    This was a mirror sync.  I just reran the sync, and got the same error.  I've attached a screen grab, and a zip file with all the logfiles generated with that sync.
  • @AlanF, It seems that the system can't access these files. Could you try to check if you can manually copy these failed file to another location? <username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\B9ECED6F.ASUSPCAssistant.AsusKeyboardHost.exe.
  • I have the same problem.  Old files are not being deleted when I do a mirror sync.  I checked and I can manually delete and/or copy them.  Is there a solution to this?
  • @JeffVader, Did you mean that it doesn't delete files from the destination when you have deleted them from the source?
    When you delete files from the source, have you run the sync task? Please run the sync task manually to see if it will delete files from the destination.
    Please note that the sync will sync the whole source folder. So, you need to check the folder with same name as the source under the target path you selected. For example, you syn from D:\A to E:\B, you need to check E:\B\A.