Home Storage Guides, Tricks and Tips

Backup SSD to share on another computer

Hi - I'm new to AOMEI and I have the FREE version.
I have just done my first backup from a HDD to my NAS-drive and restored it on a SSD - and I succeeded !
Now I mounted a new HDD on another computer and SHARED it for ALL.
I did copy the backup I took earlier to that shared HDD.
But AOMEI keeps telling me that there is no access to the distination when I want to EXPLORE, CHECK or do anything on the shared HDD !

What did I do wrong ?

Tagged:

Comments

• @KSor
    Did you mean that you copy the backup file from the NAS drive to the new HDD?
    Please try to browse the storage path and select the backup image manually to explore and check.
  • Yeah, I just copied the file to A HDD on ANOTHER computer just to HAVE the file in a library I want to have on the HDD on that computer AND DELETED it on the NAS-drive.

Back then I would try to noodle around in AOMEI to get used to use it - but AOMEI keeps telling me that there is no access to the distination (on that HDD on that other computer) when I want to EXPLORE, CHECK or do anything on the shared HDD !

TODAY I UN-deletede it from/to the NAS-drive again and did EXPLORE it from AOMEI ... and now I have 3 extra local disks in "My computer" - how do I get rid of them - they are NOT to be seen in Windows DISK ADMINISTRATION.

And a minor thing - why wasn't I advised of you reply to my posting ?

• @KSor, "now I have 3 extra local disks in "My computer" - how do I get rid of them"---You can run AOMEI Backupper to detach these vistual partitions under Tools-->Explore Image. Or, you can shut down the computer, and then start it again, then it will remove virtual partitions.
    "why wasn't I advised of you reply to my posting ?"--What mean?
  • When you answer my postings I get NO E-MAIL to advice me of your answer ... and I HAVE tested my 'Unwanted/spam' folder nothing there !
  • Re-boot does NOT remove these 3 extra local disks in "My computer" - they are stille there after re-booting 5-6 times the last days.

• OK - detach under Explore had removed them - thx