Home AOMEI Products Support

Information Code34

Hello, Can someone please help me in overcoming this problem, as I'm receiving an Information Code 34 when I try to restore from my full system image to a Virtual Machine.  Would greatly appreciate any help someone can provide. 

Comments

• The error code simply means that the software had a write error trying to write to the disc.  I don't know if you can restore an image to a Virtual Machine with Aomei Backupper or not.  Perhaps the @admin can shed some light on whether or not this is possible.
  • @Manzanar, Did you restore the system image of the physical machine to the Virtual Machine? Did you perform the universal restore?
    And, did you boot into the Virtual Machine to install and run AOMEI Backupper, then do the restore? Or, did you boot the virtual machine from WinPE bootable ISO of AOMEI Backupper, then do the restore?

• Hello I created a WinPE bootable ISO of AOMEI Backupper on the machine that I performed a system image backup on. 

Then I booted the Hyper V virtual machine with the WinPE bootable ISO and chose to perform a restore of the previously backed up physical machine image, selecting the universal restore. 

Restore  completed to 74 percent and then errored out terminating with the Information Code 34 error.   

After receiving the error, I also checked the physical machine backup image with the Check Image application located within the Tools area and no errors were encountered, as the check succeeded with 100%.    
  • @Manzanar, You might need to check the drive of the virtual machine via a disk tool. Please check if there are bad sectors on the drive. If you can't boot into the virtual machine, maybe you can use our AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a WinPE bootable ISO to boot the virtual machine and then check the drive.
    https://www.diskpart.com/download.html