Home AOMEI Products Support

Backup & Restore.

Hello everyone.
I am just new to using Aomei Backupper. 

I had a 120GB M.2  SSD on my HP laptop. The space was running out. So I decided to upgrade to a 256GB
M.2 SSD. I was supposed to Clone my 120GB onto the new 256GB, but for lack of M.2 to USB/SATA adaptor, I was left with the "Backup and Restore" option.

The process completed successfully and it's working perfectly, but I noticed that the restore divided my new 256GB into 2 drives: C—118GB and D—118. So my C drive is still full while D is empty.

Please note: I don't have files like, Documents, Videos, Pictures etc on my PC. Only program files on my PC.

What should I do? I have also tried to merge the partitions but it didn't work. 

Comments

• Obtain a copy of Aomei Partition Assistant and install it.  Then run the program and delete the drive D partition and click on apply.  After you have deleted the drive D partition you should see your drive C partition and the large area of the drive as being unallocated.  Finally examine your drive and see how many partitions are associated with your boot disk.  If you have a boot type of UEFI there are most likely 3 or 4 if you count the unallocated partition.  You want to select the option to assign all of the unused space to your drive C partition.  You may have to perform another step to move the recovery partition to the end once you have increased drive C.
  • @Tjosh, You can use our AOMEI Partition Assistant (https://www2.aomeisoftware.com/download/pa/PAssist_Std.exe) or Windows Disk management (press Win+R, then run "diskmgmt.msc" to open windows disk management) to delete D:drive, and then extern C: drive to add the space.
  • Thanks @vbbritt , I actually did run the Aomei Partition Assistance and deleted Drive D. I also tried extend C but I didn't pull through successfully. I will keenly follow your steps for another try. 
  • @admin thanks for your swift response. I'm working on the outlined steps. I will revert if I need more help. Thank you.