Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backing up C: and E:, but not D:

edited October 2020 in AOMEI Products Support
Hello,
I have "AOMEI OneKey Recovery 1.6.2" on Windows 10 Pro.

In Windows Explorer, I am seeing the following 3 drives:
  • System (C:) - This has all the installations - around 250 GB
  • Data (D:) - This has all the data - around 200 GB
  • Local Disk (E:) - This appears a bit weird drive. Its size is only 99 MB (not GB), and has 85 MB free. When I try to double click on it, it says you dont have permissions and asks to hit the "Continue" button. Upon clicking that, it says "You have been denied permission to access this folder" and "To gain access, you will need to use 'Security tab'". Upon selecting the "Security tab", it shows Type as Local Disk and File System as "FAT32"
Surprisingly, this E: is NOT explicitly showing in System Partition (Disk Management).
In the list of visible partitions, going from left to right, I see a 100MB partition with no name, then C: (NTFS), then D drive  NTFS), then AOMEI partition (800MB FAT32), then AOMEI Recovery Partition (32 GB NTFS).

E drive label is not seen at all.

Q1 - Is the E drive partition wrong or faulty? Or is it some kind of special partition?

When backing up using the "AOMEI OneKey Recovery 1.6.2", I observed that the it is only backing up C: and E:, but NOT the D drive

Q2 - What can be done to also back up D drive which only contains data (and no program installation or Windows instalations)?

Thanks

Comments

• One Key Recovery is a simple approach to restoring your computer back to the exact state that it was when you created the recovery files.  Basically a recovery partition is created by the Aomei software that contains the image of your system at a specific point in time.  Should you have a failure then you can recover your system simply by clicking on a specific key or menu selection.  The system image is most likely stored in the Aomei Recovery Partition.

Your next question is how do you back up drive D?  To perform a backup of drive D you would need to install a backup program on your machine or use the backup function that is built into Windows.  If you have Aomei Backupper installed and you want to create an image of your boot disk (drive C) and all of the other partitions (Drive D) on the drive then you would perform a disk backup.  With the Disk Backup you specify which partitions you want to include in your backup and where you want to store the image file at.  I use an external USB disk to store my backup images.  You can also use the same program to create a rescue disc that can be used to boot up your machine in the event of a catastrophic failure and restore previously created image files effectively recovering your system.  Essentially your backup image and backup software performs the same basic functions as the one key recovery except that you have to press more keys and make more decisions. 

In my way of thinking I would choose Aomei Backupper over Windows Backup and Aomei One Key every time.  Basically one key recovery is a tool for a novice with limited computer experience.    

• AOMEI OneKey Recovery will only backup system partitions, so D drive will not be included. If you want to backup the entire disk, please use AOMEI Backupper.