Home AOMEI Products Support

Back up tasks disappear

Hi.  This is not the first time this has happened, but after doing a series of backups onto various disks, all the backup tasks have all of a sudden disappeared from the Aomei interface.

The images still exist on the disks.  Is there a way to get the tasks back so I don't have to start over?

Thanks

Comments

• I did a quick search and I think that this link provides the answer to your question,  https://www.aomeitech.com/kb/backupper/load-reload-backup-task.html

• edited October 2020
    Thanks @vbbritt...will see if that works.

Wondering if anyone knows, approach 2 seems to be the one that I might need to employ since I have the full back up and incremental images but don't have the tasks in the Aoemi interface.  Would I select the latest increment?  Or, do I select the initial full backup image?

Thanks
  • I am just guessing, but I would think that it would be the initial full backup image.

• This worked.  Seems like it found the right image when I went to the drive and I was able to re-instate the tasks.

Thanks again @vbbritt !

• Happy to help.
  • That's only a partial solution/band-aid and, while it's a lifesaver of sorts, it's not really the answer. Restoring from a backup image only brings back that task, but none of the scheduling or backup schemes for it. It's also not a solution for synchronized drives and their schedules/schemes.

The REAL problem is AOMEI hasn't fixed this issue and it's been going on for at least 2 years. For now, I use the "Import/Export Configuration" under the "Tools" menu to export tasks to an "ambackup.xml" file, but if the next release doesn't finally, fully address the issue it's bye-bye AOMEI for me.