Home AOMEI Products Support

Unknown user name or bad password

Hello,
once, my backupper, (before 4.0.6) has shown information: Unknown user name or bad password. I didn't changed my passwords on web disk, I tired to reinstall aomei, delete manually files from appdata and program data, finally i had updated program to version 6 and i still have the same information. Maybe it was happend at new windows 10 update?
Plase help. I had this same problem on two computers, on another one it still working so password is ok.

Comments

• Hello Adriano216,
    The NAS and the computer are under the same LAN. And, Is it using SMB protocol?
    If yes, could you try to map the NAS to windows, and then select the mapped drive as destination in AOMEI Backupper?
  • Hello,
    the NAS server and computers are under the same LAN and SMB protocol 1.0 is activated on Windows 10. I already have mapped drives on Windows, and it works. But aomei doesn't. I  Tired to create new task and I have the same problem
  • @Adriano216, Did you still get the same error "Logon failure..." when you select the mapped drive as the destination?
    In addition, "delete manually files from appdata and program data"---Did you also delete AomeiBR folder from C:\ProgramData when you reinstall the program?
  • Did you still get the same error "Logon failure..." when you select the mapped drive as the destination?
    - Yes
    Did you also delete AomeiBR folder from C:\ProgramData when you reinstall the program?
    - I did not have to. The program itself deleted the folder

• @Adriano216, could you delete NAS.xml file under C:\ProgramData\AomeiBR again? And then, please try to connect your NAS via typing IP address on AOMEI Backupper? If you still get the same error, could you send us log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check?
  • the problem lies after a faulty windows 10 update from early september

• @Adriano216 Have you solved the problem via re-add the NAS?
  • I uninstalled a faulty update and it work. But on one computer i can't delete it. You should to resolve to improve Aomei Windows 10