Home AOMEI Products Support

Incredible slowed down cloning since 5.8.0

Hello.
Since update to 5.8.0 cloning from SSD to HDD takes a very long time compared to prior versions. The SSD (C:) ist filled with app. 250 GB data. Win 10 Pro x64 2004.

Greetings
Tom

Comments

• Hi Tom, can you show me the clone speed of version 5.8 and prior versions?
  • Hi Admin. How can I determine this?
  • Hi Virtualtom,
    Have you completed the clone? How long did it take to complete the clone? How big read/write your SSD and SSD have?
    And, which version did you use before? v5.7? Did you clone the same SSD with the same data size to the same HDD?
  • edited August 2020
    I see this issue too with backup from SSD to HDD. In v5.7 it used to have 250 MB/s, in v5.8 it is only 25 MB/s but only when display is off. When display is switched on during backup then it has full speed. Please make backup full speed again also when display is switched off during backup.
  • Hi Backup2besave,
    " display is off"---Did you mean that GUI of AOMEI Backupper is off? How did you check the backup speed?
    Could you take screenshots of the speed when the display is off and on so that we check the problem further?
  • Because incrementel backup of 1 TB SSD to HDD takes 1 hour I start the backup and then switch off the display/monitor to save power. After one hour I switch display/monitor back on to see if backup is completed. With aomei backup 5.7 it was completed with 250 MB/s. With aomei backup 5.8 it still backups with 30 MB/s and says it takes another 5 hours. If I leave the display/monitor switched on then speed increases to 250 MB/s again
  • Hello Backup2besave,
    Do you have the problem in v5.7 when the display/monitor is off?
    And, do you also enable “Power saver” mode under Control Panel-->Power Option?
  • edited August 2020
    Do you have the problem in v5.7 when the display/monitor is off?
    - No, it did not happen there
    And, do you also enable “Power saver” mode under Control Panel-->Power Option?
    - Power Options is set to performance

I will try again with v5.9 compared to v5.7
  • Today I tried v5.9 and performance is back to fast again. So it was only an issue with v5.8 or some other weird circumstances.
  • edited October 2020
    Weird circumstances reappeared also with v5.9 - bad performance when display powered off and user locked :'(
  • @backup2besave The current version is 6.1, maybe you could give it a try?
  • edited October 2020
    Sorry, but what means "display off"?
    I think, you mean the power safe of your screen which should normally be off....
    Acutally I use 6.1.0 and I´m really happy, have no problems with the speed.
  • The cloning with version 6.1 is incredible slow again. Cloning a 500 GB SSD SATA3 to a 500 GB SATA2 HDD lasts more than 4 hours. :(

• @Virtualtom, Have you completed the clone? How long did it take eventually? And, could you check the read/write speed of your SSD and HDD?
  • I think now found the reason for performance issue. Some Windows tool gave Aomei Backup only low disk priority which reduces disk usage much. After force to normal IO priority again then backup speed is fast again.
  • Which windows tool could it be?