Home AOMEI Products Support

Want a Full Backup but get a Differential

I would never buy the software again because it is not stable - a no go for a Server Backup!
But I found out it is "a bit more" stable when I leave the program open.
Anyway now I have to life with it and hope it is getting better.

I still have some questions:
1) I tried to make a "Full Backup Task" but all I get is a Differential Backup?? Any idea???

2) Is it possible to make a "Clone task"??

Thank ou in advance
fussol

Comments

• Hi Fussol,
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    "it is not stable"---What problems did you encounter? Could you give us a detailed description?
    1) Did you mean that it will perform the differential backup? Did you run the backup manually? or, is it a scheduled task? Could you send us log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check?
    2) Do you want to explore the task settings to another computer?
  • I think that what Fussol is referring to, is this:
    Say one has a laptop that is only infrequently connected to the home network.  Then the user reverts to manual backups.
    Having set up and run the required manual backup, the next time one opens the software and selects the last backup, it offers an incremental backup, with NO option to run a full backup again.
    The only way to repeat-run the full backup is to start the configuration all over again.
    It's very frustrating and time-wasting!
  • Hi Dobin,
    "the next time one opens the software and selects the last backup, it offers an incremental backup, with NO option to run a full backup again."---You can click the three-line button on the task, then select Backup button, then you can select full backup to perform.
  • Ahhhhh! Thanks!