Home AOMEI Products Support

AOMEI Backupper is in progress, please wait

edited March 2018 in AOMEI Products Support

Hello,

I Have some serious Trouble. When i shutdown the machine, this message will be shown. I have installed AOMEI on four machines and this will happen on all four machines. but they will never shutdown. i had to do a complete restart.

what did i do wrong?

greets

michael          

Comments

• Did you enable the event triggers?

• i cant find this option?

• We have replied your email, please check it.

• Dear all,
    I have the same problem. I use windows 7. 
    I have several backup time plans with aomei and when I want to shut down the PC and aomei is still running I will see the screen: aomei back upper is in progress, please wait. But the system won't shut down and I need a hard shut down to start the PC again.
    Can you help me with the problem?
    Thanks,
    Ulrich 
  • @ulrich90 Please wait for the completion of the backup and then shut down your PC.
  • edited November 2020
    Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'm having the exact same issue. I've had it for a long time and just can't find a solution. 

I have a couple of backup times scheduled with AOMEI. When I want to shut down the PC, AOMEI is ALWAYS still running. I see the screen: "AOMEI back upper is in progress, please wait." I've let the screen sit like that for HOURS, even overnight, but the system will NEVER shut down. I end up having to power down the PC by holding the power button (horrible).

I'm NOT using any event triggers (as shown in a screenshot in this thread).  I'm on the latest version.

I've ensured my drives all have free space.  I backup my internal c: and d: drives to a WD USB Passport drive and I run a nightly file sync from my d: drive to another internal drive.

Please HELP. 

Mark
  • @Mbwager, Could you offer us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check further?
  • I'm having the same exact problem as Mbwager.  It has happened three times so far.  I ended up having to shut down by unplugging the power cord to my computer.  I only did this after waiting over 24 hours for the computer to end running AOMEI Backupper and to shutdown.  I went and looked at the computer the next day and saw it still said AOMEI was running "AOMEI back upper is in progress, please wait." so I gave up and pulled the power plug absolutely scared to death I might mess up my hard drives.  I have had to do this two more times since it originally happened.  I have no idea what is causing it.  I run a scheduled sync daily at around noon and I also run an incremental backup once a week as well.  
  • @Dracarys71, Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you send us log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check and analyze?
  • Hello, I have the same issue in a PC running Win 10. It stucks running a programmed backup (not with shut down, bus stucked in "AOMEI Backupper is in progress. Please wait. The machine will be turned off automatically after the operations are complete". The operations never end, I must do a hard reset. I´m sending the log folder.
    Thanks in advance.
    log.rar 35.2K
  • @PabloPZ, Thanks for your information. We will fix the problem asap.
  • I'm having problem for a long time and it is really annoying to find it froze after windows attemps an update reboot.
  • @Edwolfe, Could you get the "AOMEI Backupper is in progress. Please wait...." when the system reboots to update every time?
  • hi!  I am having the same issue. How do I "unstuck" this? Do I have to try to force a shut down with the power button on my computer? I'm reluctant to do anything until I get clear instructions.  

• @ChrisVanDenburg, You can force a shut down with the power button. If you set a backup task to perform when the computer shuts down, please check if the backup file is created after reboot the computer.
  • I got this message 

AOMEI Backupper is in progress, please wait

last night when I shutdown.  This morning it was still there.  I used the power button on my laptop to shutdown.  On powerup the laptop showed the message almost immediately.
    I powered down and removed the battery, waited, replaced the battery.  Next power up was normal.
  • @Polebridge, Did you set the event backup with the shutdown? or perform a backup before you shut down? 
    Could you send us the log folder under the installation directory of AOMEI Backupper so that we check?
  • I have the same issue. 24 hours after the update and reboot server is still in the same state. "AOMEI Backupper is in progress, please wait". You suggested to sent logs in previous replays in this thread. How can I get back to the OS? Is it OK to hard reset? If not what are my options?
  • @Przemek, Please power down the server, then start again. And then, please check if you can start in into windows.