Home AOMEI Products Support

System (Windows 10) crashes with blue screen possible at the start of scheduled backup task

Dears,
I am old user of AOMEI products specially AOMEI Backupper. But these days, I upgraded my operating system to Windows 10 and installed AOMEI Backupper v5.1.0, The problem is that System crashes at the start of certain Tasks resulting Restart and disappearance of Tasks from Backup Management Windows. Then by exporting latest image do not have any schedule to perform backup. This  happened three to four times since last 3 days, I do not know, why it happens, Please guide me possible solution to eradicate this issue

Please anybody or  AOMEI Admin can help me to fix this issue

Comments

• ok, problem solved
  • Windows 10 crashes with blue screen solved, but now a new issue come to know

After fixing patch, when I create new System backup task, pop up new message "The program does not find the system partition"

I am still unable to create new task whether it is system backup, file backup etc, always error "The program does not find the system partition"

I have noticed this issue in latest versions 5.1 and 5.2

I am surprised why AOMEI Team not solving these bugs in new versions? as it was first in 5.1 but it is still in v5.2

• Did you disable the Driver Signature Enforcement?
  • Yes, I tried many times, but the result is same
  • If you install an old version, like 4.6.3, can it recognize the system partition?
  • It is also not recognized in old versions, I tried many times, But one thing is that this happens in windows 10 but may be not in previous windows, please provide a valid solution for windows 10 and I also noted that this fix is not mentioned in the changelog of new versions, Why?
  • Please click Clone-->Disk Clone to see if your disk is listed.
  • Yes I checked it, May be I have reached the problem 
    I noted that when I restart my computer with "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" the partitions Listed but after restart again same issue.
    Is there a way to permanently disable Driver Signature Enforcement in windows 10 v.18362,
    I have tried many options from google but not succeeded
    any solution? please
  • I think there's no way to permanently disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
  • I am experiencing the same behavior that javedchemist4232 is experiencing.

However, I am running vers. 5.9.0. Like the behavior javedchemist4232 reported, Windows 10 experiences a Blue Screen of Death and all scheduled backups disappear.

Prior to installing the application, my laptop has never experienced a BSOD.

Would the patch in the link work for 5.9.0?

• Hi Ofamous1,
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    As for BSOD problem, please download and install the following version:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mMS49ygKoWFcEacDw6T6KDdZ-lQP6AUZ/view?usp=drivesdk
    Please first uninstall AOMEI Backupper you have installed via Control Panel, then delete ambakdrv.sys, ammntdrv.sys, amwrtdrv.sys under C:\Windows\System32, reboot the computer, install the new version we sent.
    It is a 5.8 version. Our technician optimizes the problem based on v5.8. Please temporarily doesn't update it to v5.9.
    Please check if the version can solve the BSOD problem.

• I have done all the suggestions. However, the application doesn't list any drives when I attempt to perform a backup.

Is there an ETA when a new release will be available that fixes the BSoD issues?

• Same with myself apart from it could see the drive but not the system partition to add to backup.

5.9 brought back my partition but its a real buggy mess with instant BSOD and Syncing running 100% full time.
  • I am getting the same BSOD on my Windows 10 PC for all scheduled jobs with Aomei backupper.  I downloaded to try the patch that was linked previously, but I'm using the free version of Backupper.  The test version prompts me to register or purchase and won't execute any backups.  Is there a patch for the free version to try before buying?  I'm not going to purchase software that has a major bug for a couple of years now that still hasn't been fixed even though new versions have been released.
  • @Bnormant, please download the standard edition from here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ns3vvcqTBgxnQGBaKdFdTPdnh3Dtdw5p/view?usp=drivesdk
    Please first uninstall AOMEI Backupper you have installed via Control Panel, then delete ambakdrv.sys, ammntdrv.sys, amwrtdrv.sys under C:\Windows\System32, reboot the computer, install the new version we sent.
  • @Ofamous1 What system are you using? Could you allow us to do the remote for the problem? If yes, please contact our support team to discuss the remote details further? 
  • Hello Admin
     I have the same Problem now on an uptodate windows 10 trying to do system backup to external new HDD crashes my windows. once with bluescreen once without.
    Aomei version 6.9.2 Pro giveaway

• Bluescreen code Attempted_Switch_from_dpc
  • @Arnold122, Could you send us minidump under C:\Windows so that we check and analyze the crash error?
  • Sorry i used a cleaner software.
    the minidump folder is empty
    also one time there was no bluescreen
  • @Arnold122, Please try to generate full memory dumps. Then, when you get the crash and BSOD again, please send us the minidump files. 
    In order to generate full memory dumps, follow the steps below:
    1. Go to Start → Control Panel.
    2. Open System and click on Advanced System Settings.
    3. Click on the Advanced tab and then press the Settings button from Start up and Recovery.
    4. Please select Complete Memory Dump from the ‘Write debugging information’ drop-down list.
    5. Make sure that the Automatically restart option is checked.
    6. Make sure that the ‘Overwrite any existing file‘ option is checked.
    7. Click the OK button twice to save the changes made.
    8. Once the blue screen occurs again a *.dmp file is generated in C:\Windows\minidump folder.