Home AOMEI Products Support

Question about Universal Restore and Backups

I use an SSD (OS Disk) and a standard HDD (data disk) on my PC build.  The latter is dying so i'm preparing a backup and restore solution and will be replacing both drives.  The replacement SSD and HDD i'm ordering aren't the same as the old ones.

I already made a system backup for the OS disk, a disk backup for the secondary drive and a bootable USB drive from the free version.  When I read the details about the Universal Restore and restoring to a computer with different hardware, I went ahead and upgraded to the professional version to take advantage of the feature.

Do I have to make new backups under the professional version if i want to do a Universal Restore to the new drives i'm ordering?  The only difference with the PC i'm doing the restore to is the new drives will be different from the old ones - all other hardware will be exactly the same.

Comments

• The brand or size of the replacement disks have no bearing on universal restore. Universal is only used when there is a major system change such as a new motherboard. A normal restore will work fine with just a drive replacement.