Home AOMEI Products Support

Deleted Partitioon

I accidentally deleted a partition on my SSD C: drive.  The partition was named ESP.  The system won't boot and I
can't get the system to recognize any of my backups.  Anything I can do to boot and recover the small partition that was
named ESP.  Running Windows 10 Pro on Dell Laptop.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• I am sending this information from another Dell Laptop that is working fine.
  • edited July 2019
    Did you make a system (or disk) backup of your drive prior to the deletion?

• Yes,  I did it with Norton and Acronis as well as the windows native backup.  I can get it to look at the backup drive and list what is on that drive by using a DIR command.  I just need to get it to boot.  Even the Dell Image file is not accessible.  I must be missing something.
  • Does AOMEI have a command line that will restore that partition?  The windows AEOMI Software would do it if I could just get windows to boot.
  • edited July 2019
    Just boot up with the rescue USB. If you didn't make one, you can do so on your laptop. Boot into the pre windows environment with it and Aomei will be running and from there you can restore a partition or the entire drive (if a disk backup or the OS and all that is necessary to boot if you did a system backup) I would do the entire disk or system to avoid other possible boot problems. https://www.backup-utility.com/help/restore.html Select what you want to restore from the left column and read how to do it. If you didn't create a rescue USB, read this: https://www.backup-utility.com/help/restore.html
  • Just lie:
    1. Decide which partition you want to delete before. in the following case I have two active disks and I will delete the partition on 'disk 1 partition 3' we just see.
    2. Enter the run menu type CMD
    3. At the command prompt screen type diskpart
    4. After you are active on diskpart as shown below
    C: \ Users \ ARY> diskpart
    Microsoft DiskPart version 6.1.7601
    Copyright (C) 1999-2008 Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: ARY
    DISKPART>
    5. type 'list disk' to see the amount of active disk storage on your windows, it will usually appear like this
    DISKPART> disk list
      Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
      -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
      Disk 0 Online 298GB 10MB
      Disk 1 Online 1953 MB 0 B

6. to select the partition to be deleted you must be active on one of the disks above for this case I will delete the partition on disk 1, the way you type 'select disk 1' will display a message like this
    DISKPART> select disk 1
    Disk 1 is now the selected disk.

7. after active on disk 1 then you must display the active partitions on the disk by typing 'list part' as follows
    DISKPART> list part
      Partition ### Type Size Offset
      ------------- ---------------- ------- -------
      Partition 1 Primary 1686MB 64 KB
      Partition 2 Primary 266MB 1686MB

Partition 3 Primary 128 KB 1953 MB

8. now I will delete one of the partitions above, I take the example of partition 3.9. Type in the cmd diskpart screen 'select part 3' this command aims to make us active on partition 3 which we will then delete. a message like this will appear
    DISKPART> select part 3
    Partition 3 is now the selected partition.
    10. well the last step is deleting the partition type 'delete partition' to delete partititon 3, if successful it will display a message like this.
    DISKPART> delete partition
    DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition.
    11. To prove whether the partition 3 was completely erased then type 'list part' hsilnya is:

DISKPART> list part

Partition ### Type Size Offset
      ------------- ---------------- ------- -------
      Partition 1 Primary 1686MB 64 KB
      Partition 2 Primary 266MB 1686MB

http://interestengineer.com/